Hello!!

More
31 Aug 2006 15:59 #73720 by trippinout
Hello!! was created by trippinout
My name is Joe Tripp. Have been since 1994. My wife Joanie has been riding since she was 4 in 1975. Started with a Nighthawk 450, which we sold when we went to Italy. Just recently we bought a 1986 Yamaha Radian for her. Alas, that is going to take another year or two to restore. Engine needs to be rebuilt as pistons are burnt. Going to do a complete restoration on it. Since the purchase of "her motorcycle", I found a 1981 KZ 750 H1/2/3/4 with 435 original miles that has been parked for the last 20 yrs. MY motorcycle...NOT!! Now it is OUR motorcycle as HER motorcycle sits and waits for work. Anyhow, KZ is an interesting bike because it does not fit into the H1 2 3 or 4 model. It's like a mutt from the pound; a mixed up KZ. Removed all the badging and painted tank, fenders, and side covers. Did some rust restoration, rebuilt the carb, rebuilt the master cylinder(f/r) and the calipers(f/r), put new tires on it with an 18" rear rim. Now it starts up without the choke and pulls hard. Just have to buy some new shocks. Found one that I believe to be busted. Better safe than sorry. Right now, it has only been out for some short rides around the army base.

1981 KZ750 LTD H2
Sportster 440 HD shocks
18 inch rear wheel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tganek
  • Visitor
31 Aug 2006 19:43 #73762 by tganek
Replied by tganek on topic Hello!!
I'm confused.

Why is it not an H1 2 3 4? Taking the badges off and painting it aren't enough to make it a "mutt". It has 435 original miles? Or 435 original miles on a rebuild??? With a different engine or something? Or did it come from the dealership with some sort of funky package?

We need pictures...

and Welcome!

More
01 Sep 2006 04:20 #73805 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic Hello!!
OK, I'm curious.
Please post a picture of that bike!

Welcome aboard!

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
01 Sep 2006 05:26 #73818 by ambergrismooon
Replied by ambergrismooon on topic Hello!!
trippinout wrote:

My name is Joe Tripp. Have been since 1994. My wife Joanie has been riding since she was 4 in 1975.

I don't know why Joe but your post started out making me feel like I was watching a old Dragnet show. Just change your last name to Friday. On the other hand I started out as a child! And have remained one ever since!

Welcome to KZR and luck with the bike.

I am in awe of your wife! At the age of 4 I was riding a plastic horse mounted on springs and shooting bad guys on the TV (B&W) with ivory handled colt peacemakers. I was very cool! I can't wait to do it again!:woohoo: :blink:

More
01 Sep 2006 06:35 #73839 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic Hello!!
trippinout wrote:

My name is Joe Tripp. Have been since 1994. ...

I'm really sorry, I just can't resist...
Who were you before 1994?

:laugh: ;) :cheer: :) :silly:

I drive by Ft Meade quite often, good meeting another local.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades