Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'ello 28 Aug 2006 00:43 #72914

• PUNiSH3R
  • PUNiSH3R's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, intro here. College student majoring in Mechanical Engineering (Forgive me...) bored to death with both Computer Science and Chemical Engineering. Bought my first bike ('79 XS750SF) a few years back, had a great time tinkering and learning the finer points of the BS34, so I decided to continue on with the facination with motorcycles.
Reworking a KZ750H for a friend who had the "fortune" (I'll let you decide...) of having his 650 Maxim backed over by a large truck with a small driver, and so decided it was time for a "new" bike. In rolls the ugliest bag of bones I've seen in a while...1980 KZ750H with some interesting...markings. Whoever owned this thing before must have loved it. The engine has been cracked open previously, the exhaust is very "aftermarket" (4-2 pipes with a crossover before the baffles), NOS gauges, bullet signals, airbox is modded, NGK wires and boots, some interesting breather hose "stuff", and I just can't wait to pull those carbs lemmetellya...You'd think with everything else they'd have had the courtesy to put a Pingel petcock on there for me, and save me the trouble...(At least the XS's taught me the raw evil that is the vacuum petcock)

This thing has also been parked outside, uncovered in one of the rainiest summers Denver has seen in a few years (With a cover packed away in a saddlebag no less. #^@%!*& people)

We'll see if it'll survive.

Post edited by: PUNiSH3R, at: 2006/08/28 03:53
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'ello 28 Aug 2006 02:40 #72921

• Mcdroid
  • Away
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
Yes, but we want to see all the photographic details to satisfy our voyeuristic needs...we are all very sick people with motorcycle fetishes... :kiss:
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

'ello 28 Aug 2006 05:35 #72933

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
PUNiSH3R wrote:

....This thing has also been parked outside, uncovered in one of the rainiest summers Denver has seen in a few years (With a cover packed away in a saddlebag no less. #^@%!*& people).....

Welcome!
You know, I always wonder why people don't think, "Gee, I'm going to let this bike sit out for a year in the rain and rust to hell, maybe I should give it to somebody who wants it and will care for it first?" ...Instead of giving away the rusty hulk afterward. Arg! It really irks me.... :angry:
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

'ello 28 Aug 2006 09:02 #72960

• PUNiSH3R
  • PUNiSH3R's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry for no pic, I violated the 550 pixel width rule on my original post, and it wouldn't let me post a pic after that. I'd call this bike crufty, but I don't know that anyone here would know what that means.
Here's the downsized photo. (Obligatory gas stain included for your enjoyment)

Post edited by: PUNiSH3R, at: 2006/08/28 12:04
Attachments:

• Page: