New to motorcycles

More
10 Aug 2006 13:10 #68546 by wntrbee
New to motorcycles was created by wntrbee
Hi, my name is Becca and I am new to motorcycles. I just purchased my first one, a 1980 KZ650...I am so excited. My friends told me about this site and said that I should join so I can get more involved!!

I am looking forward to the new and exciting time I am going to have with my cycle...:side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2006 13:23 #68549 by JUSTICE114
Replied by JUSTICE114 on topic New to motorcycles
Hey Becca, Welcome and its a sure thing roung here that you'll be asked for pics of the BIKE, so get some pics of the BIKE and post them so folks wont keep asking for pics of the bike.:whistle: So...... you got some pics of the bike????:blink: :blink: :blink: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :laugh: ;) B) WELCOME and have fun here, you'll learn ALOT about your ride and some other stuff you may not want to know but it'll come in handy some time or another. B)

More
10 Aug 2006 13:30 #68550 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic New to motorcycles
Welcome Becca...hang out, ask questions (nothing is too simple, off limits, or too trivial). There is no such thing as a silly question and my first bit of advice is buy a shop manual (they are readily available on eBay)...whether you like it or not, you might be doing most of the work on your bike yourself...but the forum is here to assist you:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
10 Aug 2006 13:34 #68552 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic New to motorcycles
650's a good first bike. Lots of power, and handles nicely in the curves.
But they can really scoot, so take it easy!
Gee.... I wonder what it looks like? :whistle:

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
10 Aug 2006 14:09 #68559 by chopstar
Replied by chopstar on topic New to motorcycles
Hmmmm... I was gonna mention something about pictures, but I'm sure someone else will.

More
10 Aug 2006 14:13 #68560 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic New to motorcycles
Hi Becca,
I'm a pretty new member here also. I've been absorbing the knowledge of these crazy...err...I mean KZ guys. Welcome...and ya got any pics of the bike? :) :wistle:

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
10 Aug 2006 14:15 #68561 by Draco
Replied by Draco on topic New to motorcycles
Hmmmm, No pics yet? How about an engraving, or perhaps some scrimshaw? No? OK fingerpainting? wood carving?
wicker model? Guess we are out of luck.
Just kidding around.
Welcome to the site!:P