Just picked her up tonight.

More
19 Jul 2006 21:27 #63266 by chopstar
Just picked her up tonight. was created by chopstar
Done deal. Picked up the bike tonight a 9:30 PM. Wow! What a bike! Driving it again, looking at all of the details up close for an hour (I drooled all over it once I got it home & in the garage) - I can see that I actually got quite the steal, even at $1100.

And yes, I will post pics ASAP.

1978 KZ650 - 14K miles - Super clean, light mods.

What amazes me, aside from how smooth it runs and rides, is how clean it is. The wheels (including hubs & hardware) look like day one. Brand new Dunlops all around (rear is 130). The engine is pretty much spotless, and the Mikunis look sweet. Stock 4 into 2 exhaust is superb. Everything right down to the wiring is super clean and exhibits a well cared for bike. I'm really digging the Drag Specialties Seat/Fender combo - gives that great cafe look. It's got what I believe to be a CSR (?) stubby front fender. The PO had her painted up in satin black, with a 4" gloss black stripe down the center of the tank and rear fender - looks to be a pretty solid job, although I'll probably go with Metallic Flake Blue with a White Center Stripe.

Can't wait till you guys see her - like I said... pics coming soon!

Proud to be a KZ owner. This bike is the balls. Totally bangin'!

Post edited by: chopstar, at: 2006/07/20 00:34

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2006 19:56 #63525 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Just picked her up tonight.
Sounds nice. Get those pix up pronto. ;)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.