Hi New Member and of course a stupid question

More
16 Oct 2024 07:50 #905181 by Rondelli
Hi, I am from Scotland and was gifted a KZ1000k LTD about 3 years ago, a good friend had ridden it back from France in 1988 and was so fed up with the constant rain that he left it in his back garden until I picked it up 3 years ago. It was a mess but he was clever enough to put most of the chrome parts in his loft, the rest of the bike was a mess and had seized when sitting outside. Roll on till now, I have rebuilt the top end, new pistons and rebore, powdered coated all the parts and rebuilt the brakes etc. Today I finally managed to get a spark on all 4 plugs after a week pulling my hair out so whilst i wait for carb parts I thought i'd fit the seat , not sure where I am going wrong, can anyone post a photo of the seat catches and hinges on this model so I can see if anything has got damaged during the powder coating or maybe I'm just missing something?

Gino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
16 Oct 2024 08:21 #905184 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Hi New Member and of course a stupid question
Welcome to KZRider 
What year is your bike 
Pictures are always welcome of your bike and problemed areas
No Worries , We can help
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
16 Oct 2024 09:42 #905186 by Rondelli
Replied by Rondelli on topic Hi New Member and of course a stupid question
its an 82 with the stepped seat, there are 2 hikes which i can see that part is obvious but there is also a spring loaded stay and a small bracket inboard of the hinges which seems to catch , the seat doesn't fit properly as far as I can see, a photo of a similar year would help, can't find one anywhere .

Gino   

More
16 Oct 2024 10:23 - 16 Oct 2024 10:25 #905187 by Wookie58
Replied by Wookie58 on topic Hi New Member and of course a stupid question
Welcome from Leicestershire :) - don't want to state the obvious but that M8 bolt sticking up from the rear tank mount probably isn't helping. Catch and helmet lock look ok, can you post a pic with the seat open ?
Last edit: 16 Oct 2024 10:25 by Wookie58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rondelli

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
18 Oct 2024 06:01 #905220 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Hi New Member and of course a stupid question
Very nice work done so far.  Is that the original seat?  I ask because hinge location on some models was different from others.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rondelli

More
18 Oct 2024 08:54 #905225 by Rondelli
Replied by Rondelli on topic Hi New Member and of course a stupid question
Yes it is the original, managed to get to the bottom of the seat, after some measuring I figures the PO (My Friend) had taken the hinges off and put them back on the wrong way round!!! All good now, got the carbs on today and other bits and pieces so hopefully on Monday I will try to get a tune out of it!
I'll keep you all posted, shame its now too mucky to use it now, hopefully spring comes early!!!!