1982 GPz750 r1 carburettor spacing

More
31 Aug 2024 01:02 #903787 by @Martingg58
1982 GPz750 r1 carburettor spacing was created by @Martingg58
Hi I am new to this forum and from the UK but not stranger to working on and modify bikes. Just taken on a 1982 Kawasaki GPz750 r1 twin shock . This has been modified with a Suzuki GSX front and rear end coupled to a period brace alloy swing arm.One of the many jobs that need sorting is the carburettors. The bank that came with the bike are wrong and bodged/damaged to fit 36mm choke Keihin CV,s.  They should be 34,s. I am struggling to find a suitable bank. The spacing centre to centre on the inlet port on the barrels are. between 1 & 2 is 76mm 2 & 3 is 95mm 3 & 4 is 75mm with the distance centre to centre between 1 & 4 is 245mm . Can any one help in advice to source the correct carb’s.All the banks I have looked at on eBay don’t seem to match the spacing I need I thought I saw something on this forum but can’t find it again.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
04 Sep 2024 16:23 #903976 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic 1982 GPz750 r1 carburettor spacing
Your bike came with Mikuni BS34 carburetors.  The later year KZ1000 and 1100 bikes came with the same basic carbs, difference being some relatively minor internal differences.  For a restoration project, using the airbox, etc, I'd target a set of the original carbs.  For a bike running pods, for example, I'm pretty sure you could get a set of the other carbs to work effectively.  Regarding spacing, I don't think you need to worry about that as long as the carbs are KZ version BS34's.  Actually, that said, the GS Suzuki BS34's will have the same spacing.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.