82/3 KZ750 LTD H4 rebuild question

More
14 Aug 2024 14:43 #903271 by twinhcarbs
Replied by twinhcarbs on topic 82/3 KZ750 LTD H4 rebuild question
I am a novice, but get to work on a lot of diff bikes, but when I work on my own projects, I do at my leisure, so my real issue was I rebuilt the carbs so long ago, that I was a moron when I went to hook fuel to it. lol ironically, got it run smooth and then had a short in the harness and then pulled the entire harness to find and fix the shorted white/red and brown wire  
  • The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    14 Aug 2024 15:21 #903275 by twinhcarbs
    Replied by twinhcarbs on topic 82/3 KZ750 LTD H4 rebuild question
    Ty, and again ty for all the help. This bike has fought me all the way from the piston rings from when I rebuilt motor. Apparently there was 3 options. Didn’t know that. Lolz and I work full time diagnosing, programming all makes and models from old to 2024. Fixed cars that been at dealer for weeks and lost cars to dealers.  If I ever walk around thinking I know everything l, than u should put me down right then.  As some one who prides myself in knowing a lot, I certainly can admit when I pulled a bonehead move. Continuity was what really kicked my butt on this.  I also work on these bikes from 8pm to 1am on weekends, so I’m also probably not firing on all cylinders as well!!  Haha the brass nipple really did me in I think.  lol. I can’t wait to go back and hear this thing run on hopefully all 4 cylinders this weekend. 
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

More
    14 Aug 2024 15:47 #903277 by TexasKZ
    Replied by TexasKZ on topic 82/3 KZ750 LTD H4 rebuild question

Actually on the Keihin CV34 carbs for the 750/4 those red circles above are around the brass vacuum nipples which if no clean air system then cap 3 and connect the 4th (usually #2 carb) to the smaller vacuum nipple on the petcock. If no petcock then cap it also. 
    As Tex said, only connect fuel line to the black T

Correct.  

On the later year CV34 carbs, Kawasaki added dedicated float bowl vents, which flowed into small plastic Tee's, one between 1&2 and the other between 3&4.  
    My apologies. Thanks for correcting my misstatement.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
    1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
    2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough