• Page:

TOPIC:

UK GPZ1100B1 undocumented wiring / relay 05 Jun 2024 14:03 #900299

• ajh
  • ajh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi 
New to the forum having just started a project 81 GPZ1100B1 so hope to participate in the forum going forward. Im in London and have DT175, RD350LC, GS550, Honda cb750fa and now GPZ1100b1. All the bikes I had or wanted back in the day!

Stupid first question but can anyone tell me what this relay in the attached pic is for? I cant find it or the wiring to it in the factory wiring diagrams. Its mounted on top of the air flow meter and has a small loom attached to it

Thanks in advance!

P.S my latest project - 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ajh. Reason: bike pic added

UK GPZ1100B1 undocumented wiring / relay 06 Jun 2024 08:59 #900359

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 408
First welcome to the fun!  Second I will most likely not be able to help you much, as I have not worked on a bike like the one in question. I do have a B2 wiring diagram but not a B1 let alone a UK version of it. The pic you posted of the relay in question does appear to have 2 4pin connectors on it and my old eyes can not tell if one is male and the other female or not? It also appears to have several bullet connectors, but can not tell just how many.  There also appears to be a number on top of the relay but again can not tell what it is. Do not know if it could give any idea what it may be for. Do you have a manual (FSM) for your model/year?

There used to be a couple of training and troubleshooting diagrams regarding the EFI/DFI systems posted in the filebase menu, but they currently are not shown there?  
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajh

UK GPZ1100B1 undocumented wiring / relay 06 Jun 2024 09:01 #900361

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 2062
Welcome from Leicestershire, do you have a clearer picture that shows all of the wire colours to the different plugs ?

UK GPZ1100B1 undocumented wiring / relay 06 Jun 2024 11:57 #900370

• ajh
  • ajh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for replies.  I have the workshop manual for the B1 with all the FI info and wiring diagrams including European models but nothing specific for UK. 
The colours of 4 wires(See pic) 1 black and 1 yellow that join the loom twice with block connectors. The other 2 wires are 1 orange/green & 1 blue/white that have bullet connects and green sleeved extension that disappears under tank. On wiring diagram these striped colours point to something to do with flashers and speed sensor but dont show any relay with additonal yellow and black.
I need to take the tank off again to see where the bullet wires actually connect to at the other end of the green sleeved extension (I wonder if they might colour change!) Also there seems to be various self cancelling/hazard/side stand /reserve lighting variations of relays to add to the confusion. And of course 40 years of ham fisted wiring adjustments  so I'll need to try to 'buzz it out'
In mean time, maybe someone might know wtf it is 

Attachments:

UK GPZ1100B1 undocumented wiring / relay 07 Jun 2024 09:23 #900428

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 408
Another thought here, since your machine appears to be an European marketed machine (not US) I know that some if not all in that market have what is called a city light and a passing light. Does your machine have such a control on it. It may be that the device in question is related to the function of the passing light.
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

• Page: