TOPIC:

Hello From not sunny Scotland. 28 May 2024 04:15 #899842

• CoachRider61
  • CoachRider61's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Jap Motorcycle Mechanic (Retired)
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys and Gals,
I used to own a Kawasaki Z650 B3, at least I think it was a B3. I gave it away back in 2004 as I was moving to Florida and couldn't afford the import taxes nor the carriages charges via sea.So, I gave it to my best mate, and he sold it on and kept the money. Not so much a best mate now. I wondered if anyone from the UK had that bike still to this day, as I have the original log book for the bike. I also had a mountain of spares that went with it, including a spare engine, tank, side panels and tail piece etc. Yes I know I must have been nuts, but I just didn't expect my bestie to sell my beloved power machine so blooming quickly.

Sadly I cannot ride motorcycles anymore, due to a very bad head on collision back in 1984 when I just a wee snip of a lad at 23. When you flying along at 75 mph trying to overtake cars, who closed the gap you came out of, making it nigh on impossible for you to get back into said gap. Dropping 3 gears on a Yamaha 350 LC beast didn't save my life. Especially when a car is heading straight for you. My injuries were just awful, but you recover from them over time.

Just 0ne day out of hospital, I decided to get my Suzuki X7 out of the garage and blow off the fears of not going back on another bike rubbish. So, with right hand all taped up and my right foot had my slipper gaffer taped to it. I even had the helmet with the crack across the front of it on my head. Talk about chancing your luck, lol Yep that was me. I went full throttle and 100 mph, Yee Ha!! That put me where I was supposed to be, fearless. Yrs later say about 1989 I bought the Z650, the one mentioned above.

I do have knowledge of Jap motorcycles as I trained on Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and an awful machine from the Chech Republic called a Jawa CZ. and I mean they were so darn heavy, but they were very reliable, go figure. Sadly the boss didn't stock Kawasaki's. To this day I still have the Haynes and Climer workshop manuals for my beloved Z650. I tend to hang onto workshop manuals, even some old British Haynes manuals too, as I have worked on all of my cars. I see no point in giving my cars to other mechanics when I can do the jobs myself.

So if I can help anyone and or even learn from other people I here.My username is linked to my current job driving coaches, and I used to ride bikes, The only bike I have now is a Raleigh Mustang mountain bike lol The reason that I don't have a motorcycle anymore, is due to the fact that I was told from beyond the grave, that if I had another accident, I'd end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. And the reason I believe this to be true. Is this, I died on that day in September 1984. Dead on impact they said, mangled into the wreckage. And I scared the ambulance assistant out of his skin as I sat up on the gurney and said, "I'm late for work" Then the pain hit me and I blacked out again. Where I could just say hear the sirens from the ambulance, as I hit the gurney into the land of nod. Because of my fateful accident that day, I now have the ability to communicate with the higher side of life. So, to those who don't know where that is, it's where you go when your body dies. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, because I will try my best to answer them.

Regards,
Dave.
If it's broken, don't give it to me..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello From not sunny Scotland. 28 May 2024 10:23 #899875

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2062
Welcome from Leicestershire, I'm sure your input will be greatly appreciated and perhaps your horrific story will serve as reminder to all never to become complacent on a motorcycle

Hello From not sunny Scotland. 28 May 2024 10:32 #899876

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 306
Welcome to KZRider!  I suspect many of us has crashed a time or two.  BTW, there is a reasonable chance that I'll be visiting Scotland in August 2025.
Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Hello From not sunny Scotland. 28 May 2024 10:59 #899881

• Suazo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Welcome aboard and glad to have you! Back from the dead is as good a reason as any to no longer ride. I'm sure we'll all be grateful for your input! 

• Page: