Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member 19 Aug 2022 10:36 #872476

• chridav
  • chridav's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Aloha from a new member.  I have been a long-time Z-Rider, but new to forums.  My first Kawasaki was a restored KZ-1000 I bought in the mid-80s.  It was such a great ride that I hated to sell it when I went back to college.  So when I found a barely ridden '84 ZN-1100 for sale in 1993, I jumped on it right away, and still have that bike today.  I am recently retired, and finally decided to get this gem of a bike back on the road.  Unfortunately, it had been sitting for the past several years, and the carbs seemed to be fouled.  Just finished rebuilding the carbs, and it is running like new again!  Of course, the bike was sitting so long that the carbs got fouled, so there were other issues I faced - mainly rust in the gas tank.  I'm currently in the process of rust removal and sealing this otherwise intact tank (Planning on using POR-15 kit).  Replaced the petcock, added an in-line filter (my brother advises against this filter), and noticed that the fuel gauge no longer works,  Inspection of the sending unit showed a break in the wire coming off the rheostat.  I was able to fix this with a piece of wire soldered at the break, but I would like to replace the sending unit entirely.  Like most KZ and ZN owners, I am having trouble finding some parts for this older Kawasaki.  I was able to find all the jets, o-rings, and other carb parts with no trouble, but the sending unit for the ZN-1100 really seems to be obsolete.  If anyone knows of a source for this part (52005-1066), I would love to find one. 

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member 19 Aug 2022 14:45 #872496

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 503

If anyone knows of a source for this part (52005-1066), I would love to find one. 

Attachment not found

A quick search didn't turn up any of that part, but I looked for other sensors that used the same tank gasket.  The partzilla page shows all the models where that gasket is used.

www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/11009-1656

I found several sensors that use the same gasket on Ebay.  Differences could be the length and shape of the float, the connector, and maybe even the resistance.  But if you can pick one up cheap it may be worth a shot.  If you still have the original, you could use it as a reference for the float and even take the connector off of it if you need to.

ebay.com/itm/265778313572

ebay.com/itm/195294868041

ebay.com/itm/224848975567

'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy

Last edit: by DOHC.

New member 19 Aug 2022 14:59 #872497

• chridav
  • chridav's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks DOHC.  I may have found one that is close enough.  I will definitely keep the old one as a template.

• Page: