Newbie from Colorado

More
31 Jan 2022 11:09 #861534 by fj1289
Newbie from Colorado was created by fj1289
Don’t own a KZ now - owned one many years ago …. been locked into Yamaha FJ’s now for 20+ years.

Now joining to learn a bit on this “turbo” thing - seems to be several good examples and expertise on turboing older air cooled engines…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
31 Jan 2022 14:46 #861550 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Newbie from Colorado
Welcome to KZRider.
Turbo ???
Whats a Turbo ???   LOL
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    01 Feb 2022 17:08 #861619 by fj1289
    Replied by fj1289 on topic Newbie from Colorado
    Yep!  Your LTD and les holt 's were the two that caught my eye and I started digging in about.  

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions than contributions for this forum.  Basically new to turbos (have tuned my son's Forester XT with the STi turbo and intercooler swap.  Somewhere along the way someone must have changed the MAF since it required very large corrections to keep it from going crazy lean in boost (maybe part of the reason we started the project with swapping out a bad engine...)

Have mostly dabbled with nitrous for the FJ1100 - but that has been mostly restricted to the track (1/4 mile and 1 mile).  While I really like the control of nitrous for the track, I'm thinking turbo will be much more friendly for a daily ride.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.