New member from Texas

• Cfoux85
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1982 Kawasaki kz 750e
More
02 Aug 2021 16:50 #853053 by Cfoux85
New member from Texas was created by Cfoux85
Hello thank you for accepting me to this kickass site. I'm 36yrs old or I will be on August 23rd, so if you have any spare parts for my 1982 Kawasaki kz 750e or wanna buy me some then right on. This is my first motorcycle besides having dirt bikes when I was a kid so I guess I'm a newbie. My dad actually gave me my kz750 which is a major shock to anyone who would know him because he lives for motorcycles and he said he will be buried with all his bikes when it's his time lol... I'm new to the mechanical part of motorcycles so I will need some help with getting mine running right. Ive been in a motorcycle accident on my dad's dyna low rider Harley when I was 18yrs old. A guy in a truck didn't stop at a stop sign and I t-boned him going about 40mph slamming head first into the truck cracking my skull, blood on my brain and I broke my neck in two spots. It sucked but it wouldn't keep me from riding. Well thanks again and I hope to get to know you soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2021 06:13 #853067 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic New member from Texas
Howdy.  There should be a KZ750 factory service manual linked in the filebase that covers the 80-85 chain drive models. Yellow-gold cover w color wiring diagrams.  There's also a poorly copied black-&-white version floating around the internet, so be sure to get the good one.  The maintenance info in the owner's manual can be handy.  In case you aren't aware there may be an om kind of hidden in a document case on the underside of the seat.   Partzilla has diagrams w cross-reference.  always check the diagrams. don't assume anything from another model will work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cfoux85

More
03 Aug 2021 06:22 #853068 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic New member from Texas
Welcome aboard.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• Cfoux85
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1982 Kawasaki kz 750e
More
03 Aug 2021 17:39 #853106 by Cfoux85
Replied by Cfoux85 on topic New member from Texas
Thank I really appreciate it, yeah I downloaded the manual for my bike last night and the crazy thing is that i didn't have to look at l it once today when I was working on it. I even got the carbs adjusted perfect but I think that was by luck. Now it's ready to test ride but I need to get oil first. Tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again

• Cfoux85
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1982 Kawasaki kz 750e
More
03 Aug 2021 17:41 #853107 by Cfoux85
Replied by Cfoux85 on topic New member from Texas
Thank you, I love this site lol. Tomorrow I'll let you know how my test ride goes

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
03 Aug 2021 19:05 #853113 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic New member from Texas
Welcome aboard. 
 Best place for all things KZ.
Glad you recovered from your accident.
 OH    We Need PICTURES 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn