Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 04 Dec 2020 21:16 #839394

• hacksaw650
  • hacksaw650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
HI everyone! all the info here on this site is amazing! I have a new to me 81' 650 csr that needs some care since it has been sitting for a while. Well I've messed with it but my poor old tore up hands are just not doing so good, especially with small parts. Yes sucks getting old! If anyone does know of a good carb guy in north eastern Oklahoma I'd sure appreciate it.

It's been a long lovely relationship with Kawasaki bikes, I was 18 and bought a 1980 750 LTD, I rode that puppy hard and it never gave up on me. then I bough the Z-Classic, that was a great machine too. I worked at a Kawasaki dealer when I was 17 as a mechanic. Some of the best times in my life.

The part that sucks! I've been riding mostly dirt as an old man and after crashing pretty hard a few years ago because I thought I was 18 again and I lost a finger and dexterity in my left hand (yea I'm left handed) and carpal tunnel in my right hand. dang man! can't catch a break.

The good part! I've always loved the early 70s/80s KZ bikes. So here I go back onto the streets if I can get this old bike going. Then I will be looking for a 1979/1980 KZ1000 LTD.

Thanks for reading! (and thank you admins for the add)
Rik

tl;dr Bought a bike, cant fix it due to health. would like help. My hands suck. Love Kawasaki!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 05 Dec 2020 13:05 #839428

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 503
One of the most well established carb rebuilders I know of is wired George.

www.wgcarbs.com/

I have a set rebuilt by him and they look great.
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100
The following user(s) said Thank You: hacksaw650

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 05 Dec 2020 15:11 #839441

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2677
Sent you a PM. I do a lot of carbs and charge WAY less than WG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ninja1195, hacksaw650

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 10 Dec 2020 21:47 #839782

• azman857
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 111
From one Tulsa native to another, good luck on your carbs and bike? Maybe some pics of your bike?
I too, have a '81 650 CSR. It might be my next project after the KZ/GPz hybrid.
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 13 Dec 2020 12:52 #839957

• RontonA70
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
If you're trying to avoid shipping or taking parts off yourself - I may be able to help you get it running. I live about an hour from the North OK border, and don't mind driving. At the very least I could make a day trip just to check the bike out.
-Ronald Fontenot
1982 Kawasaki Kz750n1:
"Ran when parked", 10 years ago. Resurrection now in progress.
1987 Toyota Supra:
7MGE, LSD, 5 speed, two-tone, hard-top, second owner.

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 19 Dec 2020 05:37 #840310

• hacksaw650
  • User

azman857 wrote: From one Tulsa native to another, good luck on your carbs and bike? Maybe some pics of your bike?

Hi! Thank ya! Good to meet ya. Once I figure out how to add pictures I'll adds some. :) I'm not sure what I will do with this 650, I think maybe leave it stock and maybe some mags one day. KZ/Gpz sounds cool. Do you have pics up yet?

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 19 Dec 2020 05:46 #840311

• hacksaw650
  • User

RontonA70 wrote: If you're trying to avoid shipping or taking parts off yourself - I may be able to help you get it running. I live about an hour from the North OK border, and don't mind driving. At the very least I could make a day trip just to check the bike out.

Thanks very much!! I really appreciate the offer ,, very very cool of you. would of been great to meet you. I should of updated the OP, I found a buddy to come over and we got them off the bike. He pulled a fuel bowl on number 1 &2 and they're filled with corrosion. I found another set of carbs but they may not arrive for a while as USPS is super backed up it seems.

Just a little info as to why I am needing help, according to the doc have De Quervain's tenosynovitis and I lost strength in my hands and my thumbs of all things, I get a sharp twitch type pain.. kinda feels like a large needle sticks them when I use them. its weird. I hope to get fixed but everything is so backed up at the doc office.

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 19 Dec 2020 12:29 #840331

• Kawnut
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
Would be glad to service them for you. You would have to ship them to me in Mississippi. I had a (650) as well. I do work in my garage. Those slide/needle carbs are much easier to service than the (CV's).
Just let me know & I will send address.

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 20 Dec 2020 06:29 #840364

• hacksaw650
  • User

azman857 wrote: From one Tulsa native to another, good luck on your carbs and bike? Maybe some pics of your bike?

Hi, a few pictures. :) USPS really has things backed up big time. Maybe I should of waited until 2021. Anyway I paid a dollar per cc. LOL $ 650.00

This Windjammer looks huge on this bike.

We have it apart and waiting for new carbs. Thank you old friend of mine Kevin.

Last edit: by hacksaw650.

Greetings from Tulsa, OK! looking for someone to do some carb work 81' KZ650 20 Dec 2020 08:56 #840371

• srsupertrap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 11

Nessism wrote: Sent you a PM. I do a lot of carbs and charge WAY less than WG.

Ed Nessism' s work is impeccable. WG is a business that does great work for $ but not so much an enthusiast.
1981 KZ550 D1

• Page: