Hello. I'm here to learn.

More
16 Jul 2020 21:47 #830851 by Kawa KZ1000
Hello. I'm here to learn. was created by Kawa KZ1000
Hello everyone. I recently picked up an 1981 KZ1000-M1 CSR. I'm sure like many people on this forum, I've wanted a KZ1000's since I saw Mad Max when I was 10. I love the look of those bikes. That is what has inspired me to buy one after all these years.

When I first got the bike my plan was to just do a thorough go through of the bike, services, tuning, etc, put on some different bars, maybe add the Airtech fairing and update the guage components. Nothing too major. But then I started seeing all these pictures and videos on the net and thought maybe I should take it further.

The first forum I went to was caferacer.net. Those guys gave me a lot of good advice and quickly down to earth on what were the right and wrong things to do. I came to this forum because I wanted to ask questions in a place thats more KZ specific and where I can learn. I'm new to this world and I know I have a lot to learn. I take advice well and I hope to gain a lot of useful insights here.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
17 Jul 2020 05:15 #830856 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Hello. I'm here to learn.
Nice looking bike! If you have any specific questions I'm sure someone here can answer them. Your bike is the second generation of the KZ1000, sometimes called the J series.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

More
17 Jul 2020 12:18 #830884 by Kawa KZ1000
Replied by Kawa KZ1000 on topic Hello. I'm here to learn.
Thank you HardRock. I'm gonna have lots of questions. I plan on posting in the projects forum later. Hopefully I explain myself better than I did on the CafeRacer forum.