Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Intro 05 May 2020 14:08 #825064

• kerrandi13
  • kerrandi13's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
*DISCLAIMER* - I will preface this with the fact that while im young'"er" and mechanically savy, im not the best with the internet. So keeping that in mind, im gonna give this a try. Also, dont have a great camera, and until i do, there wont be many pictures.

Hey all,

Currently located in illinois, Building a 1977 KZ650 B. stretching and hard tailing. Custom (where possible) wiring and electronics. Bumpin up the power with some jetting, open air, and a 750 cam. Toying with the idea of putting a small bump of nitrous on for fun, but i dont have a deathwish, and i dont think these jugs do either. Have stripped the bike down to just the motor, frame, forks, and wheels. Really just here for technical advice, or workarounds for whatever issues i may incur.

About Me;
* Educated, licensed, and experienced mechanic, never touched a bike in my career and figured now was a good time to jump right in.
*Extremely cheap and doing it ALL in my garage with the exception of a pinch of frame welding
*Corporate sell out by day, amateur tinkerer by night.
*Loud music, beer, and alot of swearing can be found in my garage on most nights. "BUSCH LIGHT".... if you ever need to motivate me, that phrase usually works.
*I am easily distracted, so if i dont respond for months, its just because ive taken to another project. Ill be back eventually.
*I am confident in my engine and electrical abilities and knowledge, but this older stuff throws me through some crazy loops sometimes.

A few things about the bike;
*One of previous owners already converted to electronic ignition. (dyna s)
*Generator and rectifier are of unknown origin but dont appear native to the bike.
*It ran (terribly) when i came into posession of it.
*The starter sounds like a coffee can full of marbles and it will stay that way because im cheap and it keeps the accidental starts to a minimum.
*It has those god awful headlight flared mounts on the forks and i can NOT figure out how to remove them.

\ I am fully aware that by the time i am done with it, it wont be pretty, and it wont be worth much. But it will be the way i want it, and it will be mine.... who cares about anything else right?

Side Note- If anyone has, or is currently engaged in a similar build, id love to pick your brain about some specifics. Feel free to reach out me.

If ive done any of this wrong or broken a rule, i apologize, see the disclamier above and please point me in the right direction.
DOUCE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intro 05 May 2020 19:18 #825085

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
  • Thank you received: 75
Welcome kerrandi13, from the west central part of the state. There are several 650 projects currently in process as well as 750s. Poke around, lots of info lies within.
Jim
80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rainman.
  • Page: