Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First bike. KZ750 ltd 24 Apr 2020 15:58 #824175

• artsgotagun
  • artsgotagun's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Found this 1980 Kz750 ltd and had to get it. I had been looking for a project bike for awhile and stumbled on to this. Im going for a brat/cafe mix up. Here it is when i just got it home last thursday. As of right now its torn apart...lol. Needs a lot of little things the more i dig into it and this site has been amazing thus far/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First bike. KZ750 ltd 25 Apr 2020 03:08 #824215

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Welcome . Nice bike . Don't see them in that shape very often . Be a shame to cut that up . Maybe ride it for a bit you might find thats shes fine as is .
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

First bike. KZ750 ltd 25 Apr 2020 05:38 #824220

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Why butcher it? That's a serious waste of a nice machine. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

First bike. KZ750 ltd 25 Apr 2020 07:31 #824233

• M_a_t_t
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I'm with the others, but I'd be interested in the handlebars, turnsignals, grab rail, and possibly seat/seat pan if you replace those parts in your conversion.

Edit:
I'm not sure what I was thinking. I already have the ltd parts, but my bike isn't an ltd. I need the e2 parts. Grab rail is the same though I think.
83 KZ1100A (shaft)
17 Versys X 300 abs
81 kz650h1
81 kz750e2
90 Honda CBR600F (brother's)

Last edit: by M_a_t_t.

First bike. KZ750 ltd 25 Apr 2020 19:35 #824288

• artsgotagun
  • User
Whoa, whoa....nothing is getting butchered as of yet...lol. Thats the overall goal but right now, the plan is to comb through it maintenance wise. I have already ordered most of the parts. Just the waiting game. Needs new tires, fork seals, wheel bearings, spark plugs, oil change and a good carb clean. Going to do all of that and just ride the shit out of it this summer.

First bike. KZ750 ltd 25 Apr 2020 20:23 #824293

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2685
Be sure to adjust the valves too.

First bike. KZ750 ltd 26 Apr 2020 05:05 #824300

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1630
Howdy. Since it wasn't mentioned, you might need to replace the brake lines, since old old old rubber lines can burst. As for the bearings, I was going to replace mine on the original wheels, but after taking a look, the grease looked new, so I left them in there. I just added some extra grease as a just in case. hee. In regards to maintenance, it's probably already on your list, but be sure to clean, check & lubricate the timing advancer. you could do this the same time as the valve clearance check. order a new RH engine cover gasket beforehand. Anyway, good luck.

ps: in case you aren't aware, there's an 80-85 750-4 chain drive pdf manual available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: artsgotagun

Last edit: by martin_csr.

First bike. KZ750 ltd 27 Apr 2020 11:00 #824408

• artsgotagun
  • User

martin_csr wrote: Howdy. Since it wasn't mentioned, you might need to replace the brake lines, since old old old rubber lines can burst. As for the bearings, I was going to replace mine on the original wheels, but after taking a look, the grease looked new, so I left them in there. I just added some extra grease as a just in case. hee. In regards to maintenance, it's probably already on your list, but be sure to clean, check & lubricate the timing advancer. you could do this the same time as the valve clearance check. order a new RH engine cover gasket beforehand. Anyway, good luck.

ps: in case you aren't aware, there's an 80-85 750-4 chain drive pdf manual available.

Will do on all of the above. It's been neglected and would like to give it the love it deserves.

First bike. KZ750 ltd 08 Jul 2020 20:39 #830142

• artsgotagun
  • User
Well, heres an update on the bike. Finally got it running this week. Noticed it starts to break up in the higher RPMs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco

• Page: