Newbie 76 kz400

More
25 Jan 2020 13:23 #817872 by Stevekz400
Newbie 76 kz400 was created by Stevekz400
Hi all.

First time kz owner, doing a bit custom work to it, but trying to stay close to stock on key parts. I’m not ditching the air box, not looping the frame, I am however looking to upgrade and update systems.
Led lighting, dyna ignition, motogadget gauges.

I’m learning that the kz world while difficult at times has some useful pass throughs. The throttle switch controls that were going for $100 on eBay for the 400, are near identical to the ones going for $25 for the 650!

A couple quick topics I’m hoping to get answered are where to find a proper carb kit as they all seem to be for the other types used. And which NGK spark plug boots I should use as their website does not list an option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
25 Jan 2020 17:28 - 25 Jan 2020 17:31 #817899 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic Newbie 76 kz400
As for the NGK spark plug boots take this:

will only ballast your wallet 4,50 Euro each plug

z-fever.de/shop/en/product_info.php?info...rzenstecker-ngk.html

Do your have any pics of your bike for us pic junkies????
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2020 17:31 by Scirocco.

More
25 Jan 2020 18:07 #817903 by Stevekz400
Replied by Stevekz400 on topic Newbie 76 kz400
Thanks for the welcome, and help with the boots.

The bikes stripped down a bit right now, and given Canada’s frigid winters, I haven’t Made much progress lately, but here’s a few.

Most of my time has been spent sanding, sandblasting, brushing and polishing away the years of deterioration and rattle can paint (the bike in blue is the day I bought it) and isn’t overly evident in these pictures. Then re powder-coating and sealing. Replacing bearings and the like. Have decided to start updating the ignition and charging system now.