Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First Kawasaki 79 KZ650 SR 13 Sep 2019 16:39 #810820

• doonie
  • doonie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I came across this forum while searching for various bits of info regarding my new project. Seems like a very friendly and helpful place to be. I'm a 63 year old, non mechanic, but mechanically inclined, if that makes any sense. Just picked up this KZ for something to do over the winter so I'm just getting started tearing it down. Hoping to build some type of Cafe style ride just for occasional tooling around. I got the typical "it ran when I parked it" from the previous owner and I took a flyer on it for $500 just because the chrome, forks, gauges, and especially the engine were all in really nice condition so I figured it was something I could build around. Wouldn't fire when I got it home. Good, I think, compression, 120 in all cylinders. And strong spark all the way around. Plugs were bone dry after cranking and cranking. A teaspoon of gas in the cylinders and it fired up so I took off the carbs off and brought them to a real bike mechanic to have them cleaned and rejetted for pods. So that's where I am at the moment, just going to continue with my cleaning until I actually hear it run and idle. I'm sure I'll have some questions down the road. Any input or suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.
Gary
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by doonie. Reason: resized images
  • Page: