TOPIC:

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 12 Jul 2019 11:12 #807437

• Villain
  • Villain's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • New Found Classic Kawasaki Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, KZ-Rider forum members.
Glad to have finally joined the forum - have been patrolling the forum on/off as a non-member for a while now...

Anyways - I am from Cape Town, South Africa and I own a 1981 Kawasaki Z1100GP or 1100GPZ which I bouth a year or 2 back, started stripping it, got halted for numerous reasons, and its been standing since we moved. My wife refers to it as an eye-sore in the yard / scrap metal / antique scrap - lol - wifes and the things they say - lol.

Glad to be joining this forum, hoping to share my journey in restoring my classic kawasaki - more wanting to make it a restomod - really like the works of AC-Sanctuary; but I guess, who doesn't?

Hoping to learn a lot from fellow members and to also perhaps share a lot as I learn.

Unfortunately, South Africa, is in the wrong location of the globe - don't really know if there is such a big following of these types of bikes as elsewhere on the globe - unfortunately this means parts are to be found few and far between. This is part of the fun though and then there is the internet to search for part.

Will post pics shortly of my monster (LoL) and then we can also hopefully get the show on the road with the restoration / restomod - lol. Posts will be slow, unfortunately as I am currently working in Rwanda (Africa) and only get to go home every 6-8 weeks.

Cool - cheers for now.....
My Bike: 1981 Kawasaki GPZ1100 B1
The Plan: Restomod to the style of certain Japanese Bike shops - well the hope is to achieve this

...always had a liking for vintage, old skool, kawasaki bikes...just don't understand why though.... is something wrong with me....???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Villain.

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 12 Jul 2019 14:02 #807444

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1899
Hello and welcome to KZR Forum. New members from the African continent are very rare seen here.
This Forum and members are very helpful in bike restoring, sourcing parts and any kind of technical advise.
To get propper advice please add your bike info to your Avatar/Profil and some PICS OF YOUR BIKE please.

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 12 Jul 2019 19:55 #807455

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Welcome to KZRider
Plenty of help to be had here
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 13 Jul 2019 04:24 #807460

• Villain
  • User
Hi, Guys.
Thank you for welcoming me to this forum platform. Yes - I have noticed that not many people from the African continent are on this platform - lol - like I said; Africa is generally on the wrong side of the globe....

Also, too add to this; I just think generally the level of bike appreciation is on a different level here for some reason. Well, at the very least this is my opinion.

Some pics of GPZ1100....you will notice that she is a diamond in the rough...lol.

Pics were mainly taken on the day I went to fetch it at the former owner's house.

The Plan: Restomod to the style of certain Japanese Bike shops - well the hope is to achieve this

...always had a liking for vintage, old skool, kawasaki bikes...just don't understand why though.... is something wrong with me....???

Last edit: by Villain. Reason: Pictures could not display

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 13 Jul 2019 04:26 #807461

• Villain
  • User
Can anyone see the pics? Coz I cannot?

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 13 Jul 2019 13:54 #807481

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1899
Me too, Picture file size max. 2 mb.
Edit your post with new resized pics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Villain

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 13 Jul 2019 18:34 #807496

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 374
Welcome.
Hope you get the pictures sorted.

What are the roads like in South Africa?
Lots of spots to wind out the GPz?
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 13 Jul 2019 23:53 #807514

• Villain
  • User
Got the pictures sorted - they were actually not too big - just loaded them individually.

@rstnick - the roads in the Cape Town region within the Western Cape Province are actually not too bad - apparently it is better maintained in this province than other provinces. Generally all main routes are well maintained across the country. Its the back-roads and less traveled roads - and there are lots - which are not as well maintained.

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 14 Jul 2019 10:39 #807531

• Villain
  • User
So the idea came across is this;

It came from a certain Japanese Bike Shop - and I really like it - something different from the Eddie Lawson Replica genre....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZJOE900

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 15 Jul 2019 12:59 #807572

• Poweron
  • User
  • (K) Z1000-E2 (ST) 1980
Hey. Ronald here from Pretoria, South Africa. I've also had my Z1000 ST for a few years now. Used it for commuting between Pretoria and Johannesburg for a few years. About 2 years ago I heard something that sounded like a chain snapping in the engine as I started it. Pushed it home and it has been standing ever since. Hoping to start fixing it up in the next 2 months. Let me know if you find any good place in SA where one could buy parts. Cheers
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Villain

Last edit: by Poweron.

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 16 Jul 2019 03:25 #807589

• Villain
  • User
Hi, Ronald.
Nice having / meeting a fellow South African on this forum here. Good luck with your bike and the repair. Really looks neat.

Don't you perhaps know of another z1000st that is for sale somewhere? would love to get my hands on one?

Ne member - Cape Town, South Africa 29 Aug 2019 02:14 #810027

• Poweron
  • User
  • (K) Z1000-E2 (ST) 1980
Hi. I'm selling my non- runner KZ1000 Shaft. Have a look:
www.olx.co.za/item/kawasaki-z1000e2-st-s...-item-iid-1060271283

• Page: