newbie - 2650 - restoration and customisation

More
08 May 2019 22:02 #803568 by eol-z650
Hello all
My name is Eamon (Irish, live in UK now). I am just about to start my first strip-rebuild-customisation project (a 1978 z650) so yI am hoopng I will be able to find help and advice on here. I am new to the world of motorbike customisation although i have spent last winter making upgrades and mods to myTriumph T100 - but this will be my first proper ground-up build.
I am sure this path is well-trodden so if folks could point me in the right direction for stripping down he bike, and methodologically assessing, cleaning and repairing parts as i rebuild, that would be great. Any history files of other rebuild projects would be a grear start
And hopefully members will be willing to answer (stupid) questions from time to time
Many thanks
Eamon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
09 May 2019 05:38 #803576 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic newbie - 2650 - restoration and customisation
Welcome to KZRider
Im sure our membership will help you out with your build
Now post us some pictures of the bike
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.