Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New KZ find 27 Apr 2019 19:08 #802920

• jarellano119
  • jarellano119's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
My neighbor approached me in October asked if I was interested in tinkering with an old bike he had in his shed. I played with the idea and at first didnt give it much thought, wasnt interested in another project but as Spring neared and I was finishing my Vstar build a new project seed started to grow. I've visited a lot of sites and checking out styles, liking the possibilities.

originally thought about getting it running and selling for a profit but i think i'd rather keep it if im going to put so much time into it. I apologize to the traditionalist in advance but im probably going to strip the extra weight, bulky lights and mirrors, change bars and try to set it up as a Scrambler-ish style.

I visited my neighbor today, we settled on $350 for this '80's 650 CSR. I pushed it over to my house and pulled the battery, carbs and dumped the gas.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jarellano119. Reason: Images

New KZ find 27 Apr 2019 20:45 #802926

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2677
Great deal. Have fun with it!

BTW, if you click "insert" your photos will show up in high resolution instead of tiny thumbnails.
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw, jarellano119

Last edit: by Nessism.

New KZ find 27 Apr 2019 20:45 #802927

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Since it appears to be all there and in stock condition getting it running and selling it is probably a better idea than cutting it up. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, old_kaw

New KZ find 28 Apr 2019 04:07 #802932

• jarellano119
  • jarellano119's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah I've heard that before but my thinking is why spend all the time and money if you can't enjoy it? I'll try the market when its running and if it doesn't sell I'll tinker with it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldjeep

New KZ find 03 May 2019 19:54 #803277

• Mr. E
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
In that condition you can double your money all day and find a donor to hack up.
1981 KZ750 Chopper, 1975 KZ400 , 1984 GPZ750 track build , Res 1977 kz1000a ,1977 kz1000a ...ect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, old_kaw

Last edit: by Mr. E.

New KZ find 12 May 2019 07:14 #803708

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
These guys are right in saying don't cut it up, worth more selling it unmolested but it is your bike. I highly suggest a good bath, get it running good and flip it, buy someones dead project for small change and take the left over and then build that dream. These kinds of actions would help us all in the future, try finding good survivors worth saving, not easy, for every original I find, I bet I find 50 buggered up ones.

Les Holt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, old_kaw

New KZ find 12 May 2019 08:15 #803712

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
It's solid advice to not butcher a all original survivor. When you do a bunch of "custom" butchering, you take a fairly clean, original bike and turn it into something nobody else wants.
I have seen cases where a delusional person cobbles up a bike, then >thinks< that it's worth a ton of money because of all of the time he spent butchering it. I had some dipstick "offer" me this cobbled up gem for a running, titled in my name, clean 81 Harley XLH. OR, I could buy it outright for $ gulp.. $3800.00... and the kicker it only needed someone to fix his wiring and get it running. Hahahaha.. Yeah right. Hahahaha

Suicide shift? ... Nooooo suicide to ride. LOL:

Attachment not found

Check out that "custom" fender.

Attachment not found

Love that seat. Somewhere there is a swap meet looking for parts. Check out the wiring hanging from that "custom" set of bars. :woohoo:

Attachment not found

Can't ya just feel the humiliation as this bad ass chopered custom flies past ya. Hahahaha.

Attachment not found

I keep wondering how he manages to keep from burning up that back tire? Just kidding, it doesn't run. lol

Attachment not found

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

Last edit: by old_kaw. Reason: more deep thoughts by jack handy :-)
  • Page: