Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HOWDY from Caintucky! 22 Mar 2019 06:36 #800821

• HNewDawnKZ550LTD
  • HNewDawnKZ550LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all! My name is Tyler. I am from Kentucky and purchased my first KZ550LTD about this time last year. It was from a second owner who only rode it about twice around the block before he decided motorcycles where not for him lol. The owner before him racked up about 16,000 miles of Good riding on it however. The maintenance records are very extensive however so it appears to have been maintained very well!!! It sat in the new owners garage for about 7 months before he decided to sell. I got a heck of a deal though! After getting it started with some fresh gas and a new battery and loooots of cranking to purge the rest of he gas it started right up! After a warm up rode it home and started getting her all cleaned up and back to good running shape! Since acquiring this motorcycle I have done some work to it. I am a HUGE fan of the late 40's to mid 70's style choppers. So a lot of what I have done is influenced by pictures I have seen. I have since swapped to a mini tractor headlight wired to its own circuit, and a custom taillight and license plate setup on a sissy bar that made, a NOS eBay Japan find Kawasaki seat with some nice patterns and stitching. Light is also on its own circuit. BIG FAN of simplicity! One mini chopper mirror, no turn signals, no right hand control. LOTS of unnecessary wiring and whatnot removed. Also have a 4 into 1 header with a megaphone pipe soon to have the baffles removed. Currently redoing the carbs and installing pod filters along with the dyno jet stage 3 kit. Should be a fun ripper. Lots of other little interesting nick knacks and what not. I will submit some pictures when I am not at work lol and go into some more details.

Anyway VERY excited to be a member of this group looking forward to helping anyone out that needs it and vice versa!

Thanks
Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: