Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ Project is process! 02 Nov 2005 07:07 #6075

• Joey M
  • Joey M's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Hello all,

Great site! I have learned a lot from browsing over the last few weeks & just joined up.

Attached is photo of my 76 KZ900 in the final stages of deconstruction. I have already assembled rear suspension with swingarm and alloy disc brake spoked rear rim from a GS1100. In the background is my front setup, an Akront alloy spoke from gs1000.

I have another set of forks lowered 2" & plan on finding some 2" shorter springs for the back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ Project is process! 02 Nov 2005 07:19 #6077

• jenshhj
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome onboard! Nice and clear picture of your bike.

Sounds like you have some work ahead converting the rear to a disk, hopefully the swingarm swap will be easy.

Is the lowered front end from a GS as well? If not, is the GS front wheel assembly going to fit onto a KZ front end? Seems like lowering the bike 2" front and back will make it pretty low - hope you're not too quick in the turns, and make sure you have an exhaust with good clearance, maybe a side winder.:)

KZ Project is process! 02 Nov 2005 07:57 #6088

• Joey M
  • Visitor
Thanks,

The swingarm swap looks to be pretty straight forward, just a matter of shimming the pivot tube width.

The front end is a KZ900, It's interesting you mention the front wheel fit-up because I am in the process of trying to figure that out right now! Maybe someone else here has done this?? Looks like it needs a longer axle and some adapter spacers.

I do have a beat up V&H sidewinder for the bike, & have a master from a KZ which I need to weld tabs on for. Looks like others have relocated the pegs to acacommodate the header.

I'm sure I'll be looking for more help here!

KZ Project is process! 02 Nov 2005 22:13 #6219

• zedheadmc
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Howdy!! Just curious, are those Fox Shocks on the rear of your bike? Speacking of bike I believe you are going to have one very sweet looking one when finished.

KZ Project is process! 03 Nov 2005 07:24 #6258

• Joey M
  • Visitor
Thanks,

The shocks are by Progressive Suspension installed by previous owner back in about 1985!

• Page: