Hey from Boston

• seanile
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • let's try this one more time with feeling.
More
24 Apr 2017 19:25 - 24 Apr 2017 19:27 #760176 by seanile
Hey from Boston was created by seanile
Hi everyone. Snooping around the site has so far been a pretty invaluable source of knowledge, so thanks for that! I've been riding for about 4 years now, started on a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800, traded that in for a near new 2014 Yamaha Bolt and have been putzing around on that since. Last September I bought my friend's barely running 1982 KZ1000 LTD before he moved away (immediately died when I went to test drive it). Originally planning to re-build it over the winter, I underestimated the de-motivational properties of cold weather, and have only just started laying my hands back on it. I'm a bonafide noob when it comes to motor/electrical mechanics, but, like i said, this site is awesomely educational.

My Bolt without and with my fabricated seatframe/seat; it was a bolt-on, no frame cutting/modifications (have since sold the welder unfortunately...would be very useful for this KZ project.

My KZ when bought..and its current state.

I'm now gonna head over to the electrical section and ask about whether or not my stator is visibly garbage.

1982 Kawasaki KZ1000K LTD
2014 Yamaha Bolt XVS950
Last edit: 24 Apr 2017 19:27 by seanile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2017 05:42 #760199 by diggerdanh
Replied by diggerdanh on topic Hey from Boston
Welcome and good luck getting that KZ back on the road!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
26 Apr 2017 03:53 #760270 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic Hey from Boston
Welcome, seanile
I would give the carbs a real good cleaning and install a fresh battery first before you start replacing things.
Also pick up a can of Deoxit 5 and use it on "all " the electrical connections on your bike, great stuff.

JD

78 KZ1000 A2A
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1