2002 KZ1000 Police

More
02 Mar 2017 07:25 - 02 Mar 2017 07:27 #755596 by Gordoninnc
Replied by Gordoninnc on topic 2002 KZ1000 Police
GPZ.....I'll ask the fellow I got it from ( he's supposed to be calling me today) where he got the seat and back rest. I know they are made/sold as an aftermarket item but this one came off another bike and the install looks like a straight bolt on. I just forget which bike it was they came off of.

Overall the bike is pretty clean but no show bike.......it's got it's bumps and brusies. One thing that's bothering me is........battery side muffler shows signs of battery acid. I've have to deal with that before. So I'll have to keep a close eye on the battery and the charging system. I got away from non sealed acid batteries a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Gota go........take care, Gordon in NC
Last edit: 02 Mar 2017 07:27 by Gordoninnc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 18:42 #755998 by Gordoninnc
Replied by Gordoninnc on topic 2002 KZ1000 Police
Well the fellow never called me back so I don't know what bike the pillion pad and back rest came off of.

That's the bad news....sorry. But....the good news is that I spent a few hours on the bike this weekend and simply LOVE it. Funny how it got smaller the more I rode it.....when I first got on it it felt BIG!!!! Guess it might have something to do with me working on my Moto Giro bike and it's just a little 250.

Took some of my favorite twisty (and boy do we have twisty roads up here) roads and was pleased with how the bike handled. Completely ignored the fairing....after a bit. Heel/toe shifting got a lot better and I was shooting past slower cars with a BIG smile of my face. Right now....I can't think of anything I'd change........except I'd like to look into gas mileage a little closer but I need to check it over before I start trying to change anything.'
'
Got a factory manual.......can't find a P-21 2002 Supplement. Anybody know where I could find one of those.

Any problem removing all the extra unused police wires?????? Seems a shame to leave them in there.

Going to have to tweak the bag latches......a stripped screw and it looks like they might need shimming to make them work better.

Boy did I have a good time and can't wait to get on it again.

Take care........Gordon inn NC

2002 KZ1000 Police

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.