New Member from Mass - Just Bought an '81 KZ650

• stratman
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
16 Dec 2016 05:35 #750280 by stratman

LineArtist wrote: I believe you did very well at $600 for a 650 in that condition. Patience is the most important thing about getting the engine running well. And like you said, winter is here and it's most likely going to wait until springtime. I suggest filling the gas tank to the top and adding Sta-bil to the tank and turning over the engine to get it into the lines and carbs. That will keep the fuel as fuel throughout the winter. Battery on a tender is a great idea (best if you take the battery inside and hook it up to a tender).

We are practically neighbors, reach out if you have any questions.
Providence, RI

Yeah, good point about the gas. I'll do that this weekend when temperatures are supposed to be closer to the kind that can sustain human life. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Probably do the battery at the same time.

It's funny, we had such a nice start to November that I had delusions of getting some stuff done on the bike "before it got really cold". Well, that didn't take long...

Thanks a lot.

-Barry

1981 KZ650 CSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2016 07:41 #750283 by stokes
Where in Mass are you?I'm in NY on the Mass border and its up to a balmy 7* on my porch right now.

1980 KZ1000B Ltd

• stratman
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
16 Dec 2016 08:57 #750288 by stratman

stokes wrote: Where in Mass are you?I'm in NY on the Mass border and its up to a balmy 7* on my porch right now.

I'm in Holden - right in the middle of the state. My car said it was 6* when I dropped my son off at school but I think we're flirting with double digits now.

1981 KZ650 CSR