Comin' in Hot - Show & Tell Pg.4

More
13 Sep 2016 05:40 - 13 Sep 2016 08:49 #742058 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Comin' in Hot - Show & Tell Pg.1
slmjim+Z1BEBE post 742032

2009 ST1300A. This was taken by a friend somewhere south of Pueblo, CO. Always prepped to ride.
[IMG

A random pic. 'Cause sometimes one just needs a dose of absolute truth.
[IMG

We tried for a few years to keep everything prepped to ride. Discovered that it's just not practical to try keeping fresh gas and batteries in eight (now nine) bikes. So, Z1BEBE's Z-1B is prepped every year. slmjim rotates through the other Z-1's year by year, and the others are mothballed.

There will be pics posted in the Projects forum of the basket case project from start to finish when time allows.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE[/quote]

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 08:49 by Patton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2016 05:42 - 13 Sep 2016 05:44 #742059 by MDZ1rider
Replied by MDZ1rider on topic Comin' in Hot - A Short Story
Welcome. I've followed your path on the site history as well. Your avatar is definitely memorable. I was a member on Z1OC and witness to the great purge. It was a great place for any Z1 fan in its day. One day I noticed the off-site hosted photos started disappearing, followed by a noticeable drop in quality new posts. I knew something was going on and stop posting in fear of being next. I kept a low enough profile to not be deleted, but there wasn't much reason to stay. I still don't understand how a group with such a deep shared passion just imploded overnight.
Very nice collection you've built over the years. I suffer from the same affliction, but having a non-riding wife, my collection has grown much slower. It's hard to counter the "you can only ride one bike at a time" argument. "Well you can only wear one pair of shoes at a time" just doesn't carry the same punch. I've had to resort to "They're an investment that I can enjoy" tactic. I try to keep my bikes in "ride ready" state, but like you, I may have to start rotating then to a storage condition.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2016 05:44 by MDZ1rider. Reason: typo correction

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
More
13 Sep 2016 06:25 #742062 by slmjim+Z1BEBE
Replied by slmjim+Z1BEBE on topic Comin' in Hot - A Short Story

GPzMOD750 wrote: I want to live at your house!

Please tell me one of you is running for president.

BTW you started a new thread for each of your pic pages. I've asked the mods to integrate them.

Not wishing to hijack our own thread, but:
We tried to make it all one thread. The site whined about having too many image links in thre original post, so we broke it into multiples.

We used image links because repeated attempts to upload the .jpg files from the 'puter failed. The .jpg was only about 175K, so it's doubtful it was a file size issue. We kept seeing the text

[ATTACHMENT:1]filename.jpg[/ATTACHMENT]

Instead of the desired image. Tried multiple times in a test post from the 'Posting Images is Easy' thread and never could make it work, at least in preview

After the pics were posted using URL links, we went back to the image test thread for some additional aggravation, 'cause there just hadn't been enough yesterday. Using the same file that had been recalcitrant before, the image appeared :pinch: . The only change in technique that comes to mind is, the attachment filename text appears in the preview, but the associated image does not appear until the poster becomes a good, compliant little Internet user, obediently falls in line and 'submits'. (Mods: don't take that last part too seriously. It's been apparent for a long time that an Internet sarcasm font is sorely needed). The question then is; do images not appear in preview, but do appear once 'submit' is clicked?

Live at the house? Z1BEBE resists the notion of having bikes in the kitchen, living room, spare bedroom or even the dining room :angry: . We're a little pressed for space as it is and, until more room is available in the shop for more bikes (you know, the important stuff :P ), it's hard to justify having another warm body stacked on top of other things. Unless copious amounts of beer and pizza are involved...

Run for Pres? Our political views won't be popular with at least half of the forum membership no matter what they are, so we'll just say there isn't enough room, time or civility to have that conversation on a forum that is dedicated too a fun passion with sophisticated toys.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1973 ('72 builds) Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

More
13 Sep 2016 06:44 #742064 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Re:Comin' in Hot - A Short Story
Me and my little GPz will sit real quiet over in the corner, promise.

You could be on the Shut-up (unless it's about bikes) and Ride! Ticket.