New KZ750 rider- Hi from Lancaster, PA

More
14 May 2015 05:08 #672032 by ZjMuss
Hey all-
I'm new to the KZ forum obviously. I've owned all sorts of motorcycles, but this is only my second carbureted bike (first was a '91 Harley FXR). I picked up a 1983 KZ750F LTD shaft this week and have begun the process of searching for parts... I'm finding that the parts for that specific bike are hard to find. Gas tanks especially! If anyone has any wisdom on that, please let me know.
Also- Is it possible to change from the Keihin carbs to the mikuni carbs on these bikes?
thanks all. I look forward to learning and getting a better understanding of this bike- can't wait to get it on the road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2015 06:41 #672209 by fixitmann
Replied by fixitmann on topic New KZ750 rider- Hi from Lancaster, PA
Welcome, It is probably possible, I have never done it. Not sure if you would be getting into cable issues, I know the Keihins on my 750e1 are a two cable arrangement, I have not seen anything else on the 750's. I believe the mikuni's on my son's 650 were a single cable. I can easily be wrong on this. Is there a reason for swapping? I have never had any issues with my Keihins. Here is something interesting though, on the original sales brochure for my 1980 750e it specifically points at and says the bike has 34mm mikuni's while the bike clearly has Keihins on it. :) See attached!

Attachment 750spec2.jpg not found

Attachment 750spec3.jpg not found

So the old Rocker gets out his bike to make a ton before he takes his leave. Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
just like it used to be. And as he flies --- tears in his eyes ---
his wind-whipped words echo the final take and he hits the trunk road doing around 120 with no room left to brake.
Attachments:

More
15 May 2015 06:49 #672211 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic New KZ750 rider- Hi from Lancaster, PA
All KZ650 models originally came with two throttle cables. One to open the throttle; one to close it. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
15 May 2015 06:56 #672213 by fixitmann
Replied by fixitmann on topic New KZ750 rider- Hi from Lancaster, PA
Thanks ED. I am old and my memory is not what it used to be! :laugh: Heck I'll bet my 750 just has one and I had them confused!

So the old Rocker gets out his bike to make a ton before he takes his leave. Up on the A1 by Scotch Corner
just like it used to be. And as he flies --- tears in his eyes ---
his wind-whipped words echo the final take and he hits the trunk road doing around 120 with no room left to brake.

More
17 May 2015 16:46 #672544 by sleepinsilvia23
Replied by sleepinsilvia23 on topic New KZ750 rider- Hi from Lancaster, PA
Welcome,

Just picked up my first KZ about 30 miles east of you in Coatesville. I know you have plenty of great roads to cruise on out there. I live in a suburb outside of Philly.

Post up some pics of the bike and what your plans are.

Jordan

79' KZ750B4