Soon to be KZ440 "re"rider in So-cal.

• I_Tig_in_piece
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Apr 2015 21:01 - 04 Apr 2015 21:05 #666598 by I_Tig_in_piece
Soon to be KZ440 "re"rider in So-cal. was created by I_Tig_in_piece
Hello fellow Kawi owners. Been lurking here amongst a few other mc sites for info, but anyways. My names ed, I reside in So-cal, more specifically in San Diego. I've owned a few late 90's bikes in the past, My first was a 87 ninja 600, second and third bike 89 750r. (One was a doner but after riding the complete bike, I wanted to get the other going.) A95 guzzi sport 1100(bike was waaay to big for me wheelbase wise. The V-twin power was awesome though!) After the feel of that, an impassable deal on a 96 Duc 748 came to me, so had to jump on that. My last bike and second favorite to have ridden (first being the 89 750R) was an RC51. Damn that bike was awesome, heavy, but couldn't tell once you get rolling. Never rode it how an AMA rider would've, but enjoyed it how I did. This was all in a span of roughly 15 years or so. I'm no stunt rider of any sort, I just like to ride casually and enjoy the surroundings (if said surroundings were such).
So I'little on my background. For the past 15 years, I've been doing custom fabrication on cars (you know those things with 4 wheels? lol jk..) 90% of the custom fabrication I do is forced induction on various Jap, euro and Dom cars. So that also means I must know how to weld? When I first started I didn't know a thing about welding except that you'll go blind for a few days without proper eye protection even if you're just tacking and shutting your eyes tight. Learned that myself on a mig when I was at a body shop. 15 years later, after learning how to Tig, I can say I'm pretty damn good at stacking beads with stainless. I'm also still learning a lot everyday, like no BS!! My shop produces quite few different turbo kits in different set ups (i.e. twins or single turbo configurations, Air to water/air to air Intercooler upgrade, the list is long) Our main production kits are for the 350z/G35, Evolution 8-10(supossedly we have the fastest landspeed EVO8 on the west coast with 930+whp!...sleeper), Porsche 944, the cute smart car, GTR (currently doing something secret with one now, I'll just say it involves a parachute) BMW, Camaro and Charger, RX8...geez didn't realize this list has grown tremendously since I first started here. Also work/have worked on a number of sand rails and long travels, a few trophy trucks, a salt flat sooby powered landspeed bullet car, Rock crawlers and just whatever a customer needs fabbed, fixed, improved, replaced, upgraded or removed. Hell I even welded 3200 pastry pedestals. (THAT I do not want to do again.) Made my own articulating flat TV mount and the normal hang on the wall one also and a bunch of other things. Other than the fact of how my shop turns into an easy bake oven during the summer time, I love what I do. I've been told personally by customers that I do impressive work, and they appreciate my attention to workmanship after seeing their exhaust or headers done.
Ok enough about work. When I'm not burning my finger tips or getting metal shavings in my shoes, I'll be at home getting my Battlefield 4 on through the PSN(add me if you're on e PS4). Then on a bi weekly basis, I'm tending to regular "todo's" on my 34g reef tank (with the thought of that i should've gotten a bigger tank) And now, working on my recently acquired KZ440 at my shop. Yeah this paragraph was a bit short? I'm not that boring though, I promise.
So hopefully I can get this right and post a pic from my ipad...
My KZ when I first got it..

Cheap labor isn't skilled, skilled labor isn't cheap.
1980 KZ440a. I went green.
If you yourself are building an older bike and can see it through till you're riding it, that's proof you have patience.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2015 21:05 by I_Tig_in_piece. Reason: second pic attempt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.