RE: NFG from Miami

More
16 Jan 2015 15:11 #658867 by mopguy
Replied by mopguy on topic RE: NFG from Miami
Nice score Gaucho, by the way are you also from the Pampas?

I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2015 18:49 #658882 by azman857
Replied by azman857 on topic RE: NFG from Miami
:ohmy: Holy Moley Gaucho!! You gots a couple of sweet rides there! If they run half as good as they look, I bet they give the local cops a run for your money! LOL

I don't have a plan and I'm sticken' to it! '77 KZ 650 / 750 GPz custom project in progress

More
17 Jan 2015 15:27 #658917 by Kapahulu
Replied by Kapahulu on topic RE: NFG from Miami

Gaucho wrote: Thank you guys for the warm welcome and great info. The bike has 11K original miles and definetely will stay stock as long as is in my power. :)

Good! :)

1978 KZ1000, 1976 KZ900, 1975 H2, 1973 H1, 1973 H2, 1978 RD400, 1977 RD400, 1974 RD350
2strokeworld.com

• Gaucho
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
19 Jan 2015 08:04 #659078 by Gaucho
Replied by Gaucho on topic RE: NFG from Miami

DoctoRot wrote:

Gaucho wrote: Try again, :S

Attachment IMG_4189-Copy.jpg not found

Wow that is mint! Is that the original paint? I have never seen the red not faded.

Yes, it has the original paint on the tank and tail piece. The side covers, I'm not so sure. The tank and tail are some kind of pearl but the covers look like single stage color.
This past saturday I stopped at the local Kawasaki dealer and all the old timers came out to check the bike. They could not believe the paint was holding after all these years. :-)
Gaucho

Hey, it may be flat in Florida, but it sure beats shoveling snow! :-)

• Gaucho
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
19 Jan 2015 08:11 #659079 by Gaucho

azman857 wrote: :ohmy: Holy Moley Gaucho!! You gots a couple of sweet rides there! If they run half as good as they look, I bet they give the local cops a run for your money! LOL

I put two hundred miles on the KZ this past weekend. This thing is sweeeet. I was shocked at the amazing gas mileage of this engine and how smooth it runs/shifts. This one is a keeper. :-)
The CB750 I'm taking to the upcoming vintage bike show in Dania Beach, FL, on the cafe racer category. Not trying to win anything, just have some fun and talk to people. Jetting the pods for the bike to run right was challenging but right now is dialed almost perfect.
Gaucho

• Gaucho
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
19 Jan 2015 08:13 #659080 by Gaucho

mopguy wrote: Nice score Gaucho, by the way are you also from the Pampas?

Born and raised on the Argentine Pampas, were the real gauchos are. The fake ones are from Brazil (sorry I couldn't resist) :laugh:
Gaucho

More
19 Jan 2015 18:10 #659143 by mopguy
Replied by mopguy on topic RE: NFG from Miami
Yes, Gaucho I agree with you, real gauchos come from the Pampas, and I am very sure that Martin Fierro would agree to that as well.

I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

• Gaucho
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
23 Jan 2015 06:54 #659458 by Gaucho

mopguy wrote: Yes, Gaucho I agree with you, real gauchos come from the Pampas, and I am very sure that Martin Fierro would agree to that as well.

Yes, indeed. :)

Attachment LosGauchos.jpg not found

Attachments: