2002 KZ1000 police

More
21 Aug 2014 17:05 #644731 by Walrus
2002 KZ1000 police was created by Walrus
Hello all from Wisconsin. I thought I would introduce myself before I start rattling off the questions. :laugh:

I bought a 2002 KZ1000 police last fall that didn't run. I was looking for a KZ900, and stumbled on to it. The KZ police bikes are rare in these parts, I never seen one. So why not? According to the odometer and title it has under 10k on it. It looks like it has a 110k on it. Looks like it sat outside for a year or so. Still has a California tag on it. The plan is to get it running good, and see how much I like the bike. If I like it, I'll dump cash into it. Probably turn it into a bobber, being the bike has obviously been down several times. :P

I have a few bikes that run so....I'm just starting to get this one running. I soaked and rebuilt the carbs, It runs and idles good, but it revs like crap in the garage. That's where I left it. Have a spark plug cap that's cracked, so I'm going to start with that and new plugs and wires. If you're in West central WI, and wanna go for a ride, don't be afraid to drop me a PM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.