New member, with bascket case Specter

• willburrrr2003
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Aug 2014 13:36 #642760 by willburrrr2003
New member, with bascket case Specter was created by willburrrr2003
Good Afternoon all!

My name is Will, I live in Everett WA. USA just north of Seattle. My buddy moved and no longer has room for the 750 specter he had dissassembled... Since he has clear title, he gave me all the parts and the rest of the bike too. (he's dropping the bike off tonight for me) . I will find out the year when it gets home, and will post pics of the whole basket case, as I love posts with pics! I'm curious how long it will take me to re-assemble this baby... :woohoo:

Regards,

Will R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2014 15:15 #642770 by !Seymore
Replied by !Seymore on topic New member, with bascket case Specter
Welcome to the site Will...

Well, pends your skills, tools, ect... if you're just putting it back together from existing parts, is everything there? ...is anything broken? ...did it run before it was disassembled? ...why was it disassembled in the first place? ...are there any known issues with any systems on the bike? ...well, I think you get my drift. There is much to doing what you're planning, but ya gotta start somewhere.

First thing I would suggest is get a FSM. Clymers and Haynes are really sub par to what the manuf puts out. Get a MaKawi FSM. It will pay for itself and you'll have all the info you need.

C.
79' KZ650-D2 [fsm] (Max)
83' KZ750-F1 LTD [clymers] (Kay)
82' KZ1100-D1 Specter (another project)
78' KZ650-B2a (J&H, A Project)
91' KZ1000-P (P = parts)

More
05 Aug 2014 15:21 #642774 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic New member, with bascket case Specter
Welcome to z-jungle :)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
05 Aug 2014 15:24 #642776 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic New member, with bascket case Specter
For a manual search eebbaayy for KZ750 shaft manual --- there are usually several listed.
Kawasaki manuals have a model application chart on the back cover.
The Spectre will be either an 82 KZ750-N1 or 83 N2.

More
05 Aug 2014 15:29 #642778 by pete greek1
Replied by pete greek1 on topic New member, with bascket case Specter
Seymore meant KAWASAKI ( factory service manual, or Workshop manual) for your specific year & model bike
Pete

1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: !Seymore

• willburrrr2003
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Aug 2014 12:12 #643661 by willburrrr2003
Replied by willburrrr2003 on topic New member, with bascket case Specter

!Seymore wrote: Welcome to the site Will...

Well, pends your skills, tools, ect... if you're just putting it back together from existing parts, is everything there? ...is anything broken? ...did it run before it was disassembled? ...why was it disassembled in the first place? ...are there any known issues with any systems on the bike? ...well, I think you get my drift. There is much to doing what you're planning, but ya gotta start somewhere.

First thing I would suggest is get a FSM. Clymers and Haynes are really sub par to what the manuf puts out. Get a MaKawi FSM. It will pay for itself and you'll have all the info you need.

I am very mechanical, and have rebuilt a few bikes from basket case status to riding. Nothing seems to be broken and all parts seem to be there. Missing a few nuts and bolts that I will have to find, but that's not to hard. It ran before being taken apart. My buddy was going to chop and bob it, but wound up with his dads Harley and hasn't touched it since. The bike is an 83 kz750n2. I have pics posted in the project thread I started. I was going to do a headgasket and go through the top end, but situation dictates that I need to ride it asap, so that will have to wait now until this winter. I will be getting FSM soon, as that is great advice.

Regards,

Will

Regards,

Will R.

More
02 Sep 2014 17:34 #646020 by boots
Replied by boots on topic New member, with bascket case Specter
kinda Late! Welcome???

present bikes 1976 KZ900, 1978 KZ650 Past bikes Too many to remember!!Mostly Kawasakis and a few Sportsters

81 cb650