proud new owner of a KZ750e

More
01 Aug 2014 17:38 #642382 by runmikeyrun
proud new owner of a KZ750e was created by runmikeyrun
Hey all,

I'm not a stranger to vintage bikes but I come from a bit of a two-stroke background- I've restored a couple Yamaha RDs and a Kaw triple (400). I have to say though, I am excited to take possession of my new 81 KZ750e in the next few days... I traded my beloved RD400 for it, but I've had that bike for 13 years... it's time to move on to bigger things. My KZ has the 810 kit, 4-1 Kerker, and a bunch of other goodies. I've got only a small amount of cosmetic work to do to it to make it "mine" as the whole bike has been gone through mechanically. That's good, because my CB350 cafe project is still in 10000 pieces.

All in all, I am pretty stoked to get on this thing and give it a rip. I've already posted a couple questions lol... i'm sure there will be more to follow.

Mike

Monkey? MONKEY? I'm a GORILLA you CLOWN!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2014 18:05 #642386 by bugsinmyteeth
Replied by bugsinmyteeth on topic proud new owner of a KZ750e
welcome aboard! Can you post a pic or two in this thread (of the bike, not you :silly: ).

That KZ should be a very nice bike for you. The smokers are fun but this should be a bit of an upgrade in torque and speed.

Old School Is Cool!

1975 Kawasaki 900 (Z1B)
1982 Suzuki GS750E

Northern KY

More
01 Aug 2014 19:27 #642406 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic proud new owner of a KZ750e
For sure, post photos. The 750E is my favorite 750 & it sounds like you lucked into a good one.
With the piston kit n stuff, I'd be stoked too. :laugh:

More
02 Aug 2014 05:19 #642442 by runmikeyrun
Replied by runmikeyrun on topic proud new owner of a KZ750e

bugsinmyteeth wrote: welcome aboard! Can you post a pic or two in this thread (of the bike, not you :silly: ).

didn't you look at my avatar??? lol.

Here ya go... the paint is in pretty good shape but I think over the long Ohio winter (November-April lol) I'll do some paint work.

Monkey? MONKEY? I'm a GORILLA you CLOWN!
Attachments:

More
02 Aug 2014 12:53 #642480 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic proud new owner of a KZ750e
Paint color is a funny thing. i like the Kawasaki green on certain models when it is a stock color & I bet that paint looks good in person, but otherwise Lime green is low on my list. hee .... one exception below. :)

The 750E came in dark blue, silver, & a deep red. I have pics of all three.
I'd take an E in any one of those colors or black.

1969 AMC AMX in Big Bad Green ... not mine.

More
06 Aug 2014 09:10 #642881 by bugsinmyteeth
Replied by bugsinmyteeth on topic proud new owner of a KZ750e
Thanks for the pics. I like your bike. I think the seat would make my seat sore in short order, though, but that's just me.

Old School Is Cool!

1975 Kawasaki 900 (Z1B)
1982 Suzuki GS750E

Northern KY