New member. Greetings!

More
20 Jul 2014 20:48 #640764 by Yangdawg
New member. Greetings! was created by Yangdawg
Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself since I'm a new member here (although I have been lurking for a while).
Little bit about myself: I'm a college student and I just picked up a bike this summer to start tinkering with and eventually ride on. I have a 83' spectre that has seen better days. I'm totally new to riding but the motorcycle community seems very friendly and is something that I would love to be a part of.

Attachment IMG_20140516_144003_491.jpg not found

This picture is the best one I have of the bike so far. I didn't want to take a full body shot in the current condition she's in. :blush:
I'll be updating my other post as I sort out the electrical problems.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2014 04:03 #640770 by Whistler225
Replied by Whistler225 on topic New member. Greetings!
Hey neat bike..... I've had mine for a little over a year and sometimes I'm tempted to get some of the Spectre stuff for it because I like the black stuff.... Looks like the main thing you need to make that thing look good is a good ole fashioned scrubbing..... A word of advice: you can use aluminum (make sure it's for aluminum) mag wheel cleaner (from Autozone) to shine up the engine. 000 steel wool will be your buddy for a lot of the chrome stuff. If the bike runs good you should be all set. Congrats on a good choice!

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!"

-Bruce Campbell

More
21 Jul 2014 05:58 #640778 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic New member. Greetings!
Welcome!

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

More
21 Jul 2014 06:54 #640788 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic New member. Greetings!
Welcome to KZR, Yangdawg...there are several Spectre owners on this site.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
21 Jul 2014 07:55 #640790 by Yangdawg
Replied by Yangdawg on topic New member. Greetings!

Whistler225 wrote: Hey neat bike..... I've had mine for a little over a year and sometimes I'm tempted to get some of the Spectre stuff for it because I like the black stuff.... Looks like the main thing you need to make that thing look good is a good ole fashioned scrubbing..... A word of advice: you can use aluminum (make sure it's for aluminum) mag wheel cleaner (from Autozone) to shine up the engine. 000 steel wool will be your buddy for a lot of the chrome stuff. If the bike runs good you should be all set. Congrats on a good choice!

Thanks Whistler! I have some S100 cleaner that was recommended by some other internet people I was going to use to spray all over the bike. There's a lot of just dirt everywhere, especially around the electronics. I've got the 0000 steel wool too and I will look into that aluminum wheel cleaner. Now I just need to get a big bucket of water.

1983 KZ750-N2 Spectre

More
23 Jul 2014 18:11 #641130 by BikerInTheWeeds
Replied by BikerInTheWeeds on topic New member. Greetings!
Great ride, keep wrenching.

ZR1100 ZN1100