New to the group

More
01 Jul 2014 18:23 #638624 by DLP
New to the group was created by DLP
Hi there everybody, my name is David and I have been riding for a while now , got a 2008 zzr600 that has been slowly but surely becoming a track only bike( by track I mean road racing courses) and been wanting something else for my street ride and came across a 1982 kz750 ltd h3 for a reasonable price. It runs but needs some work and cleanup, look forward to learning and getting some help and advice from everybody as I work on bringing her back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 18:30 #638626 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic New to the group
welcome to the forum, how about some pics

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
01 Jul 2014 18:53 #638630 by DLP
Replied by DLP on topic New to the group
Sure if I can figure out how to get them on here from off my phone
Attachments:

More
01 Jul 2014 19:01 #638632 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic New to the group
nice, looks like it has a lot of potential! What is your build plan?

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
02 Jul 2014 09:10 #638674 by DLP
Replied by DLP on topic New to the group
I plan to get it running good n proper for starters and then moving on to the cosmetic stuff, been wanting to do something like this for a while. I plan to try n use or keep allot of what is already there, I like the cafe/rat bike look so the high pull back bars are gonna get swapped out for something lower but not a clipon or clubman style bar, dont care for the cafe bump seat either but feel as if what is on it is a bit to high or thick in the back, I want to keep it a two up seat though so the wife can ride with, I like the look of the rear fender but not the tail light, of course I probably will paint over the chrome, so that is where I plan to start n go with it but I got to deal with a few fueling and engine issues first