I say hello to you and yer KZ

More
18 Jun 2014 01:49 - 18 Jun 2014 01:50 #637035 by timmythecop
I say hello to you and yer KZ was created by timmythecop
Howdie fellas. As I am back in the Kawalski fold, I thought I would sign up. Ton of good info I have already read. Please excuse some of my future questions because I cant leave my bikes alone.

I am a daily VFR800 rider and have owened about one of each bike ever by now. Currently have my VFR, an RC51, a GS850G, a 500 Interceptor, a Seca 2 and a 1981 KZ1000J.

Just picked up my J model a coupla days ago, I have had KZ's in the past, but was too dumb to hold on to them. The last one got a FZR600 swingarm and wheel treatment. This one can go in any direction, as I havent decided, and this is why I come to you. I was set on using either an FZR600 swinger and wheel and a YZF600 front end, but some dude just up and gave me a beaten ZX7, with good swingarm, front end and wheels. My head is spinning with options because I have at least 3 or 4 viable options. Lately, I have settled on a Seca 2 swingarm, ZX7 forks and stock 1000P 18 inche wheels, because I have decided not to monoshock and USD it like most. Please point fingers, make fun and send me in a logical direction. I have done a wheel and front end swap a few times, so it isnt voo doo, but I would like anyones thoughts. Thanks for listening fellas and here are a few photos of whats goin on.

Can I convince you to paint it flat black?
Last edit: 18 Jun 2014 01:50 by timmythecop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2014 03:48 #637038 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic I say hello to you and yer KZ
Welcome timmythecop, welcome to KZR...nice fleet :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
19 Jun 2014 20:05 #637238 by timmythecop
Replied by timmythecop on topic I say hello to you and yer KZ
the afore mentioned ZX7R. I'll stard a build thread when it gets more interesting, but I wanted to introduce myself.

More
19 Jun 2014 20:49 #637244 by Tomolu5
Replied by Tomolu5 on topic I say hello to you and yer KZ
Welcome, nice fleet. Is it forward of me to presume the oz will receive the flat black treatment? I'm digging it

Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.

More
20 Jun 2014 01:34 #637250 by timmythecop
It will end up the correct colour, yes. Need to decide on what fairing or even if it will have one. Also looking for a square tank.

All my bikes end up flat black, but the RC51 is actually rhino-liner. Just got back from a meet at the Tail of the Dragon and a few Honda aficianados were aghast that I ruined the rare and expensive bodywork. If you watch my video below of that trip, the beginning shows the before and after. I never told anyone that I have 2 sets of bodies.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
20 Jun 2014 09:07 #637270 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic I say hello to you and yer KZ
Welcome Tim
Looking forward to seeing the KZ project thread
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
20 Jun 2014 18:18 #637335 by timmythecop
I know they say options are good, but now the confusion is getting larger. You see, I just traded a 12 pack of Budweiser for a GS1100 swingarm. I guess this is best discussed when I post a project thread, but it is as if the universe wants me to build this bike.