There is no such thing as a free motorcycle...

More
24 May 2014 03:53 #633741 by LarryC

Bbbent wrote: As promised..

Clutch work next...

NIce :) Fires immediately and looks to be in good shape. Fun little bike. You'll have a ball with that thing.

Larry C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2014 12:10 #633774 by Bbbent
Didn't get a chance to post back. Late yesterday pulled the left cover, pulled the clutch push rod and after some lubin' and strokin' (just for fun) zipped it all back together and adjusted the clutch and voila, first gear!

Took off out the driveway for a short slow test, got into 3rd no problem.

So, all in all the free Gpz seems to be in much better shape than expected! Gotta tweak the choke today (kinda stuck) which means taking the carbs back out. And have to source some fuel line today to replace the hard, nasty old black rubber lines. But so far it looks like I should be able to get this thing running, registered, insured and ready to roll for Rockerbox at Road america on June 7. Which was my goal!!!

Bbbent

Dominion Over Machines
Watertown WI

More
25 May 2014 13:18 #633946 by Bbbent
Got my fuel gauge sender resealed, and rode up to the gas station. Can't go too far with no plates. Starts great, runs well. Has a bit too much overrun on trailing throttle still but one step at a time.

Next up, figuring out why my oil light is blinking. It's certainly electrical (I've run the thing enough that if the pump was really toast it would have ground to a screeching halt...) So off to read some forums..

Bbbent

Dominion Over Machines
Watertown WI

More
05 Jun 2014 18:57 #635515 by Bbbent
Got about 40 miles ridden. Those k70's have to go! They're in good shape but they just feel completely wrong. Got a lot more carb tuning to do too!

Bbbent

Dominion Over Machines
Watertown WI