Newbe

More
27 Apr 2014 23:43 #630646 by Bandit406
Newbe was created by Bandit406
Hey guys new to the Forum and new to bikes. Was gifted a 1980 KZ1000 Ltd. from My father. Currently trying to get it going. Had it running about a year ago then it started running pretty rough. I knew it need re jetted due to putting pod air filters on it. So I tried to re install the breather box to see if that would help unitl I could scrape some more cash together...
Any way in order to get the carbs back on with the box My buddy suggested removing the cam chain tensioner, Which neither of us had a clue obviously. So when it was all said and done that was removed as well as turning the engine over by hand trying to get it re seated. Which I have since learned is another NO NO!!!
So I am on hold while I do more research and see if I can get this worked out or need to try and take it to a shop. Really cant afford that so I am hoping I can learn what I need to know and get this ole bike back on the road and some blood running through it!

Strap up them Tanker Boots and Charlie Mike!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2014 04:40 #630659 by Powerstroke_fan
Replied by Powerstroke_fan on topic Newbe
welcome to kzr. I don't think that your in very deep yet. Checking the timing isn't very difficult. Getting the carbs straightened out will be more difficult, well at least it is for me.

1980 kz1000B4 LTD- 1327cc 9-1 comp
Ported J model head
Psp-3x cams
RS 36s
Welded MK11 crank
Back-cut MK11 trans
MTC 2 stage lock up
Stretched 4-6 over running Hayabusa rear rim with 190 rear tire
Complete frame brace kit installed
And Much Much more- SOLD

2014- ZX14R all stock for now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bandit406

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.