New member from the caribbean

More
26 Apr 2014 22:40 #630541 by turbo787
New member from the caribbean was created by turbo787
Hello guys and gals. I'm new here and just looking around for now. I don't have the bike yet but I'm in the process of acquiring an '81 kz1000 csr. It needs some work and I'm really falling for the "prostreet" look of the kz's. I currently have an '06 Johnny Pag 250 which is the one I'll be trading for the kz. I've been trying to look for pics and how to's on wheel, swing arms, and just cool stuff to swap once she's in my possession. Will be lurking around for info regarding these and other stuff so if anyone knows where to find info it is more than welcomed. I was also looking at the big bore kits, etc, so info on that would also be appreciated!!!!!! Thanks for the time and hope to be around for a long time... :)

Live life with wild abandon 'cause you never know when it will be your turn to pass...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2014 02:33 #630544 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic New member from the caribbean
Welcome to KZR.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
27 Apr 2014 08:45 #630564 by Spectre 1100
Replied by Spectre 1100 on topic New member from the caribbean
Cheese and bread mon ! Where be from in dem islnds me brudder !

1982 Kz1100-D1 Spectre
1965 Corvair CORSA (Yenko Specs)
1971 VW Westfalia
1989 Daytona Shelby
1989 Shelby Dakota

More
28 Apr 2014 08:55 #630687 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic New member from the caribbean
welcome.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
28 Apr 2014 18:19 #630746 by turbo787
Replied by turbo787 on topic New member from the caribbean
Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I will soon have the bike and will be riding her!!!!!!! I'm from the island of Puerto Rico... Where are you from spectre 1100?

Live life with wild abandon 'cause you never know when it will be your turn to pass...

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
29 Apr 2014 09:15 #630798 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic New member from the caribbean

turbo787 wrote: Hello guys and gals. I'm new here and just looking around for now. I don't have the bike yet but I'm in the process of acquiring an '81 kz1000 csr. It needs some work and I'm really falling for the "prostreet" look of the kz's. I currently have an '06 Johnny Pag 250 which is the one I'll be trading for the kz. I've been trying to look for pics and how to's on wheel, swing arms, and just cool stuff to swap once she's in my possession. Will be lurking around for info regarding these and other stuff so if anyone knows where to find info it is more than welcomed. I was also looking at the big bore kits, etc, so info on that would also be appreciated!!!!!! Thanks for the time and hope to be around for a long time... :)

Welcome, Live Life is Right! In the Caribbean "at least 1 week a year!" for me B)
Pro-Street Ha? Good choice. Stock engine! You'll need the money for the rest. Going from a 250cc Pag to an 1100cc big Kaw., you will think your in a Nitro Top Fueler!
CSR, I believe has that weird 44 or 48 spoke rear 16" DID rim. Hook up with a local Car - Race shop. Get a 2nd rim. Have a machinist cut them both and make a double weld rim. Widen it like the old dragracers did in the 70's. Nice wider 16" rim on the back. polished up. Plus you match the front DID aluminum rim.
Widen and add 2-3 inch to your stock swingarm. an easy 5/8" offset sprockets and chain setup.
You have to rake the neck a little for the dragbike pro street look. I have one of these older KZ 900's. Been workin on it for years. Just took it out of the storage box. Sold my old city house. Went to the Caribbean in Feb. Did western last year, eastern this year. And were flyin next March to Pueto Rico to cruise the south seas! Everyone needs to see the Caribbean Seas!
Have to throw a couple of pics in. Bike also.
Good Luck. Find a machinist and a good welder. Then you can build anything!
Took this Metric cruiser Police bike, might have been St Marten.
Sorry for the tangent, but what the hell!
Enjoy these pictures.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
29 Apr 2014 21:30 #630869 by turbo787
Replied by turbo787 on topic New member from the caribbean
Hello z1k... I love the pics!!!!! Here is the same if you know where to go. I, hopefully, will be getting the kz soon. I just want to hear her running and making sure all gears engage correctly. I was looking at the odometer on her and she only reads 6,500mi!!!!!!! She is all original engine wise. The owner had put a dynatec ignition and coils along with new rings and all gaskets on the engine b/c he is very picky, which is good. So, she doesn't have the original wheels on her. He replaced them with the 19"f/18"r from the "R" version(green) along with the square headlight and cover. I already have some thoughts on what to do about a rear fender swap too. Can't wait to get her!!!!!!!