New Member from New York

More
26 Apr 2014 13:57 #630507 by ArchiTition
New Member from New York was created by ArchiTition
Hello!
I'm very excited to be here. I'm for upstate New York and am so glad to finally be seeing some riding weather! I recently picked up an '81 KZ440 D from my favorite shopping site, Craigslist. It is my second bike, got into motorcycles and motorcycle repair last year. Anyway, I bought the bike in "running" condition so that I would have some thing to keep me on the road while I work on my other project bike, a '78 Cb750... but so far all my time has gone into fixing up the KZ! Seems the closer I look the more issues I find!

So far the work i have done has been fairly minor,
-Fork seals,
-oil and filter
-carbs cleaned
-makeshift custom air filter (since it was missing the ever sought after filter box)
-little pain touch up
-cosmetic touch-ups to the front end (to personal taste)
-"new" exhaust ( come to find the originals were near rusted in two) Was able to pick up a 2-1 pipe from a kz400 from an awesome little motorcycle salvage yard near by.

That's about all I recall doing to her, besides fighting with countless seized screws and bolts...

So that's the rundown, on me and my scoot, and I hope to be able to gain lots of knowledge from all you seasoned KZ riders!

'81 KZ440 D
'78 Cb750 K *project*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.