ZL900

More
21 Apr 2014 08:16 #629846 by Joze Cruz
ZL900 was created by Joze Cruz
Hello , I am new to this forum . I have just picked up two ZL900 Eliminators and was hoping to find some info to help me restore / rebuild these bikes . If anyone has any files on these bikes I would love to see them . I have been searching for one of these bikes for years so I would like to put one of them on the road as soon as I can , I am still going through boxes of parts to figure out what parts I have and what I need to get one on the road . Thanks for reading .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2014 08:57 #629854 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic ZL900
I think there's a forum for the ZL models & it might have info & files for your bike.
Search the internet for Kawasaki ZL forum. The one I've seen mentioned is ZLOA.org or something like that.

More
22 Apr 2014 00:41 #629932 by TheWalt
Replied by TheWalt on topic ZL900
They are awesome bikes. My father has a ZL900 he restored. You can really launch these beasts! Stoplight to stoplight its hard to beat. However, the ZL900 has more in common with the liquid cooled Ninja 900 then the air cooled Z bikes. In fact, aside from the shaft drive assembly bolted on the rear of the engine, different cams, and slightly smaller carbs [32 vs 34mm?] the engine is identical to the GPZ900R. The factory service manual is actually a supplement that goes with the Ninja base manual. For engine related issues, I recommend getting in touch with guys that know that platform better or getting on a forum that caters more towards those bikes. There is a ZL owners group forum that you need to sign up to view. ZLOA.