New member from south-central MO!

More
04 Apr 2014 08:24 #627820 by n9viw
New member from south-central MO! was created by n9viw
Hey all! Glad I found this forum, I hope to be a regular!

I recently purchased an '82 KZ750M1, aka CSR750 (what IS it with me and these one-year-only bikes? I also once owned an '83 Honda CB550CS Nighthawk...), which has been badly maligned by several previous owners. The pic of it freshly off my truck is in my gallery.

While it may disturb some here, I plan to make it into something like the bike in my avatar- long, low, and loud. For right now I'm just working to make it legal (what IS it with me and these cheap-but-untitled bikes? So far, only TWO of the SEVEN bikes I've owned have had titles! Of course, I've never paid more than $500 for one...), so if anyone has some assistance to render, please PM me.

In the meantime, I'm going to get it cleaned up and ride it. I've replaced the final drive (chain and sprockets), rebuilt the rear hub, and done a LOT of cleaning. The seat currently on it is from a Honda CMX450 Rebel, which will be going away in favor of a stock pan with whatever I can get on it.

Already looking forward to more KZness! (say it out loud, and try to deny you're not a little KZ yourself!)

Nick

1982 KZ750M1 (CSR750), aka "Bat Outta Hell"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
More
04 Apr 2014 10:20 #627841 by Rainman
Replied by Rainman on topic New member from south-central MO!
Welcome, n9viw from west central Illinois.
Jim

80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.