Old member new name been a few years

More
22 Feb 2014 14:03 #623017 by F1schumie
Old member new name been a few years was created by F1schumie
I'm back...

Never did stop riding kawis just not a kz in awhile..

Ive owned probably a dozen since I was 16 an finally had the big crash a few months ago and sold my 03 z1000..

I can walk talk and all that but done riding for a few years.. My choice .. Physically I can ride now..

So I sold 2 out of 3 bikes and going to restore and hop up my kz1000p..

I think this is the only way to fix build and restore a bike.. Is not trying to ride it while you do it .. Or think your going to ride one and fix another..

Well just figured I'd say hello again and thanks in advance..

Jason 42/m/NY Kawi Only

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2014 14:16 #623019 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Old member new name been a few years
Welcome back; glad you are ok. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
22 Feb 2014 15:44 #623030 by F1schumie
Replied by F1schumie on topic Old member new name been a few years
Thanks

After 30 years of riding full time I finally had the big crash..

Last second a guy in mini van turned left in front of me and then stopped in the center of the road.. I was doing 30mph maybe and had 60 feet .. It was a major downtown lunch hour intersection so I had big curbs buildings huge light poles potential head on collision or slide it and hope.. I slid it.. The mini vans flat side and picture window wasn't to thrilling..

20 fractures in my spine.. All not too important.. 2 pelvis fractures .. Lung contusion .. Crushed heal.. I never scratched my helmet but went unconscious.. No cast or stitches..

A lot of people think sliding a bike is a inexperienced decision.. This time I believe after rethinking my decision a thousand times that it actually saved my life and I'm still walking and no brain trauma..

I ride(rode..lol) all year long rain sleet and snow.. I prefer monsoon rain to be honest.
You can hear the rpm difference prior to early wheel spin over dry riding and you have to lower and stretch out your weight mass.. It's a good experience to have before you caught in it with no way out..

Winter driving was fun too.. As long as there wasn't ice and a dry lane to ride I'd be out in 10 below weather.. People in cars would fist pump and thumbs up.. Fellow riders of course..

More
22 Feb 2014 23:16 #623058 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Old member new name been a few years
Wow, that must've been scary. Sorry to hear that. Welcome back. Hope you get it all sorted out. Restoration is always fun...

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200