Hey there from the ATL

More
14 Sep 2013 22:32 #606458 by madmat
Hey there from the ATL was created by madmat
I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself. My name's Matt, I'm a Kawi man through and through. I've always had bikes that needed little work, a tune up here, oil change there, a tire or two, a clutch and the like. Nothing major and certainly no basket cases. In short I'm new to rebuilding bikes and getting anywhere near the point of yanking a motor. Sadly, my latest bike hasn't been everything I was led to believe it was and I find myself with tasks I wasn't expecting so I've come here to learn.

I'll apologize in advance for repeating newbie questions and rehashing dead topics. If there's something I'm asking that has been covered in depth please point me in the right direction. Trust me when I say I'm going to use the forum search feature before asking. Unfortunately the forum search features on some forum versions are such that the search button and $5 will get you a cup of coffee and little else.

That said, I'm glad to be here, I may lurk a good deal but I will do my utmost to be respectful of the board, its rules and my fellow KZ riders.

1982 KZ750 H3

Low rise bars

Bar end mirrors

Foam grips

Relocated front turn signals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
More
15 Sep 2013 00:18 #606476 by Rainman
Replied by Rainman on topic Hey there from the ATL
Welcome Matt.

80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

More
15 Sep 2013 08:21 #606493 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Hey there from the ATL
Welcome KZR madmat.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
15 Sep 2013 08:31 #606494 by ed spangler
Replied by ed spangler on topic Hey there from the ATL
Welcome B)
TennesseeZ Ed

Have 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B & 2003 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
Had Hondas, Harleys and many ,many Z Series Kaws both Std. & LTD's

More
15 Sep 2013 10:24 #606508 by boatdrinks
Replied by boatdrinks on topic Hey there from the ATL
Welcome Matt! It is help to list you bike year and model in your signature and include any modifications that you are aware of. Oh and pictures, we like pictures!

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

More
15 Sep 2013 14:42 #606537 by madmat
Replied by madmat on topic Hey there from the ATL
Thanks for the welcome. I've added my bike to my sig although there's not much to say about it. It's pretty much stock from what I can tell aside from the few mods I've done to it and the KZ550 exhaust that ended up on it somewhere in the past 31 years.

Obligatory bike shot:

At one point I was toying with putting a cafe tail on it and eliminating the rear fender but since I bought it to ride to work I've decided I need the seat so I've got somewhere to strap my lunchbox to. As I told my room-mate, if I was to make a tail for it I'd need to put a luggage rack on it and a luggage rack on a cafe racer is about as visually appealing as saddlebags on a chopper.

1982 KZ750 H3

Low rise bars

Bar end mirrors

Foam grips

• Charles Nix
  • User
  • 1981 kz 1000c4
More
15 Sep 2013 15:15 #606538 by Charles Nix
Replied by Charles Nix on topic Hey there from the ATL
Welcome Mad Mat I am 2 hours below you in Warner robins. Have a 81 kz 1000 and a 74 z1a 900- from the atlanta area .

More
15 Sep 2013 17:20 #606550 by madmat
Replied by madmat on topic Hey there from the ATL
I moved here in early '06 from Arkansas. I haven't been further south than Forest Park in the past 7 years. To be honest, I dislike driving down past Marietta. I'm not saying that all Atlanta drivers are bad but there are a few that couldn't drive their way out of a wet paper bag and it seems they're always on the section of road I'm going down when I get past Delk Rd.

I've noticed that Warner Robins always has some great deals when I'm looking for stuff on Craigslist. Always makes me a bit jealous. :-)

1982 KZ750 H3

Low rise bars

Bar end mirrors

Foam grips