Hello from Marietta Ga!

More
14 Aug 2013 01:27 #601351 by BubbaZ1982
Hello from Marietta Ga! was created by BubbaZ1982
Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and post a few pics of my running work in progress! Everything that isn't stock was hand made by myself.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2013 01:42 #601353 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Hello from Marietta Ga!
Welcome Bubba! That's a nice clean bike. Do you have any plans for it? What's the story on the bike? Where did it come from? How long have you had it, what's been done?

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
14 Aug 2013 06:23 #601367 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic Hello from Marietta Ga!
Welcome to KZR, bubbaZ. Very clean 82 LTD.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

More
14 Aug 2013 16:55 #601446 by BubbaZ1982
Replied by BubbaZ1982 on topic Hello from Marietta Ga!
Well, I've had it just over a Month. It's an '81 that I got off a guy on Craigslist, He was the second owner and went through a lot of trouble getting it back to bone stock factory correct. had under 10K original miles and unfortunately, the first owner left it outside for quite a while. I really wasn't into a bike with buckhorn bars and a big backrest, and honestly had a lot of plans for it. So far, I've MADE new bars, bar end dampers, new pipes, pipe shrouds, footpegs front and rear, tag/tailight mount,Chainguard, and just today, a new chutch lever cable adjuster. Everything that I made new, replaced the original parts. I also removed the backrest, center stand, replaced the brake pads, and the rear shocks (old ones were completely shot. Chain and sprockets are next, and I would make new sprockets myself if I had a decent rotary index for my Milling machine. So far in total, I've cut the factory weight by 40+ pounds. Loving this thing so far!

More
14 Aug 2013 16:57 #601447 by BubbaZ1982
I forgot to add that I had to Machine the front Brake rotors as they were uneven and made it impossible to use them, also made the rear brake torque bar and skeletonized the rear peg/Brake cylinder brackets.

More
14 Aug 2013 16:59 #601449 by BubbaZ1982
Thanks! The bike is an '81, I was Born in '82