New to absolutely everything!

More
03 Aug 2013 07:17 #599651 by 5150
New to absolutely everything! was created by 5150
Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been given a project bike to work on - but with a catch. At the moment it's nothing but a frame, a tank, two wheels and 20 boxes full of bits. My friend has a similar project but it's much closer to being a complete bike; he asked if I'd be interested in The Mess as my own.

It is, I believe, a KZ750 Twin (the frame looks like it, anyway!). And it'll be my first project of any kind. Yes, I know, I'm probably chomping off far more than I can chew - but what the heck, eh? It's exciting and I know I'll learn a lot.

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. I've only seen the stuff once, and it'll probably take a good few weeks to organise the parts before I can even think about wielding a spanner in anger. But I'll keep my profile and/or thread updated!

This looks like a great community, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

Cheers!

John

Airport Security Officer: Do you have any artificial plates or limbs?
Derek Smalls: Er, not really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2013 08:16 #599656 by 0Z.Z1R Mk2
Replied by 0Z.Z1R Mk2 on topic New to absolutely everything!
Welcome bud...all I can say is good luck. ;)

Plenty of help here if required.

1976 KH 500 triple
1978 Z1R D1
1980 Z1R MK2
1983 Gpz750 turbo
2007 ZRX 1200r
1982 GSX 1000S Katana
1983 GSX 1000S Katana
Don't knock my turbo lag - it gives your naturally aspirated a chance..

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
03 Aug 2013 10:38 - 03 Aug 2013 10:38 #599674 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic New to absolutely everything!
Welcome John,

Get the information off the sticker on the frame and post it here, someone will tell you what you have .

From there we can direct you to the parts diagrams then you can figure out what parts you have in stock.

No engine ?

How about some pics of all the bits and pieces.

JD

78 KZ1000 A2A
Last edit: 03 Aug 2013 10:38 by bluej58.

More
03 Aug 2013 13:17 #599688 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic New to absolutely everything!
The diagrams at Kawasaki.com & Partzilla ought to help in figuring out what parts are what. The partzilla site is easier to use & you can open multiple windows.

More
04 Aug 2013 03:55 #599787 by uncle nick
Replied by uncle nick on topic New to absolutely everything!
Hi John, it'll be a lot of head scratching and hard work but imagine the feeling of pride you'll have riding YOUR bike, knowing you've rescued it from being parted out and that YOU resurrected it nut bt nut, piece by pice!

I'd like a 750 twin myself, they were never popular in the UK and standard bikes are a pretty rare find.

They're a great bunch of folk here, who between them seem to know everything Kawasaki.
I'm looking forward to reading about your rebuild.

Good luck!

1981 KZ650 CSR