Greetings from Northern VA

More
29 Jul 2013 02:10 #598832 by anigav inc.
Greetings from Northern VA was created by anigav inc.
Meet the Red Dragon. I got it in May and have been tinkering, reading, learning and DIYing since....got a lot of good info from this and a few other forums from some good ol' google searches. I've changed about 4 inner tubes :angry: , changed the oil (due for another soon), drained and filled master cylinder, changed the battery...think that's about it...for now.
[IMG

[IMG

I just bolted and bungeed this water sealed toolbox onto the luggage rack so i can tote around my lunch pail and work items without hauling a backpack around.
[IMG

Red Dragon out.

1978 kz650 - touring commuter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 09:08 #598855 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Greetings from Northern VA
Welcome aboard. You may want to buy an inexpensive (less than $20) bottle jack for working on the front of the bike. You just set it under the front of the engine with a small piece of wood between it and the oil pan (to protect the fins on the oil pan) and jack it up until the front tire is off the ground. That leaves you plenty of space around the forks for any work you may perform. Also, it is essential for changing fork oil because that task requires the forks to be fully extended. You don't need a big jack, a little cheapie one works fine, just make sure it's short enough to fit under the engine. Ed

Attachment 00000_2013-07-29.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anigav inc.

More
05 Aug 2013 11:41 #599920 by krzyryder
Replied by krzyryder on topic Greetings from Northern VA
Hey there....I'm in the Arlington area and just started wrenching on an '81 KZ750 that hasn't been started in 15 years. Just saying wassup and welcome to the forum.