Just got a csr750

More
08 Jul 2013 01:12 #595497 by syph0r
Just got a csr750 was created by syph0r
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 1982 csr750 from my brother. He and his friend did a custom paint job on it and some tweaking on the carbs.. rode it a year then parked it. I got tired of seeing this beautiful bike sitting in a barn for over 4 years.. so i fixed it up.. cleaned it.. and bought it. I don't plan on doing much more to it other than regular maintenance and such. Might change the handle bars and some lights, but I think it will mostly stay looking the same. I'm trying to talk my friends dad off another one to start a chopper build out of it.

One thing I noticed that I've never seen before is the built in cable lock system, does anyone else have that? I don't think i got a pic of it but I will get one and post it for better understanding of what I'm talking about.

Attachment DSC07881.JPG not found

Attachment DSC07882.JPG not found

Attachment DSC07883.JPG not found

rides:
1982 Kawasaki CSR750
1989 Maxda RX7
1994 Mazda RX7
2004 Ford Ranger
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2013 10:26 #595520 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Just got a csr750
Hello, syph0r, and WELCOME to KZr!

Handsome bike! :cheer:
I like the handlebars and lights, and also the seat, And especially the rear suspension.

Would add a front fender for any ride further than around the block.

The integrated cable lock was included on a few stock production models for maybe a year or so, but was soon discontinued after not catching on as a popular feature.

As I recall, the cable was prone to becoming tightly -- maybe permanently -- rusted inside the frame, and was messy to use when heavily lubed. And believe (but am not positive) that an owner-supplied padlock was also required.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
08 Jul 2013 11:50 #595532 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic Just got a csr750

Patton wrote: Hello, syph0r, and WELCOME to KZr!

The integrated cable lock was included on a few stock production models for maybe a year or so, but was soon discontinued after not catching on as a popular feature.

As I recall, the cable was prone to becoming tightly -- maybe permanently -- rusted inside the frame, and was messy to use when heavily lubed. And believe (but am not positive) that an owner-supplied padlock was also required.

Good Fortune! :)

I have seen the frame lug on many Kawasakis, but I have NEVER actually seen the cable lock installed on the bike. Maybe others have. It is possible you have a fairly rare option!

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD

More
08 Jul 2013 12:24 #595538 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Just got a csr750

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD