Greetings from the Catskills

More
22 Jun 2013 23:49 #593538 by happycat254
Greetings from the Catskills was created by happycat254
Hi folks. New member here. Just picked up an 82 KZ1000 LTD. My 82 Oldwing and 89 KLR 650 were both down with electrical problems and I saw this on craigslist and couldn't resist. Advertized as "Barn Fresh... Guy said it was sitting for ten years. He bought it, drained the gas, put new gas and a battery in, and drove it home. I bought it. Checked the tire pressure, oil, and started riding it. Made it back and forth to work three times now without catching fire, blowing up, or any other mechanical weirdness. So far so good.
I've always wanted one of these. Kind of "the one that got away".... as my first road bike was almost a 76 KZ900. In a blinding flash of insight for an 18 year old, I realized that if I got that as my first road bike I probably wouldn't last the summer. So I bought a Suzuki GS 425 instead. But that old KZ has haunted my dreams for low these many years now.
So. I've finally got one. Now just have to figure out how to make it comfortable to ride. Glad to be here. Now, off to the technical forums......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2013 23:53 #593539 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic Greetings from the Catskills
Finally got to feel what you have been missing....These are a great motorcycle...sorta like the Energizer Bunny....just keep going! :P

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
22 Jun 2013 23:55 #593540 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Greetings from the Catskills
Welcome aboard!! Now, about those pictures..... :) Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)