Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..

More
12 Jun 2013 00:55 #591871 by ErT
Just wanting to say hello to everyone.. I just got a great deal on a 1980 Kz750 (in my picture) 2 days ago :woohoo: .. Have yet to play with it much from working everyday .. I know I need a new battery ( had to jump it from car, but rode it up to the truck to load it after that) and a starter solenoid.. I'm fairly new to bikes and really new to kz's .. Grew up on dirtbikes so this is a big change, I have some questions but I will try to find the appropriate forum category.. Take it easy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2013 01:25 #591873 by themuteherald
Replied by themuteherald on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..
Congrats on the find. Getting these bikes running is a kick in the ass, and a pain in the ass. For the latter problem you've probably noticed how knowledgeable these guys are.

Enjoy the ride!

"Leave them to me...I'll deal with them myself."

More
12 Jun 2013 01:55 #591879 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..
Welcome to KZR :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
12 Jun 2013 06:07 #591886 by ed spangler
Replied by ed spangler on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..
Welcome!!
You will find GREAT PEOPLE here!, Helpful and Sincere
tennesseeZ ED

Have 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B & 2003 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
Had Hondas, Harleys and many ,many Z Series Kaws both Std. & LTD's

More
12 Jun 2013 06:29 #591888 by boatdrinks
Replied by boatdrinks on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..
Welcome aboard!

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

More
12 Jun 2013 10:03 #591906 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..
Welcome aboard! If you ever decide to jump the bike from a car (or other vehicle) make sure the car's engine is turned off. Otherwise you can easily damage the bike's electrical system. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
12 Jun 2013 18:06 #591983 by ErT
Replied by ErT on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..
yep i pulled the battery out of the car and took it over to the bike.. on another note, i just took her for the first ride.. Rides great .. nice and smooth... went for a 20 minute ride down the backroads around here.. :) figured it was nice and warmed up but when i pulled to a stop and put it in neutral it shut off instead of idling.. ill have to mess around with it next day i have free time.. I'm just suprised it ran so nice after sitting in this guys garage for a year or 2.. (flushed fluids and put fresh) anyone ever use seafoam and would it be a good idea at this point?

More
12 Jun 2013 19:29 #591993 by ed spangler
Replied by ed spangler on topic Hello everyone! new member/ kz owner..

ErT wrote: yep i pulled the battery out of the car and took it over to the bike.. on another note, i just took her for the first ride.. Rides great .. nice and smooth... went for a 20 minute ride down the backroads around here.. :) figured it was nice and warmed up but when i pulled to a stop and put it in neutral it shut off instead of idling.. ill have to mess around with it next day i have free time.. I'm just suprised it ran so nice after sitting in this guys garage for a year or 2.. (flushed fluids and put fresh) anyone ever use seafoam and would it be a good idea at this point?

I have used Seafoam , Good Stuff. Of course its just like Oil Everyone has an opinion and other additives good as well. Lucas has a new stronget additive supposed to be good, havnt tried it though. I would suggest given your bikes situation doubling the reccommended ratio of Seafoam to gallon of gas. Just my opinoon, others may differ. I typically do this after mine has sat all winter. Works for me. Good Luck!! TennesseeZ. Ed

Have 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B & 2003 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
Had Hondas, Harleys and many ,many Z Series Kaws both Std. & LTD's
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErT